NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy's Hoard

Been thinking. :icon_scratch:

Been thinking that I cant take it with me. :tongue3:

Been thinking that I might make a stash/cache/hoard/treasure and write a book of riddle-clues as to where it is.

The cache would consist of all my finds from now until death, including all my finds up to this point, and my entire coin collection. Its not the collection of a millionaire but it is substantial. Heck, I'd throw in all of my guns too, but my son will get those.

I figure I got plenty of time to do this before I die, and when I die, the book is to be released for free on the internet. It is my hope that this will provide enjoyment for my fellow treasure hunters for years to come, but if someone is clever enough to find it, then hip hip hooray!

What do you guys think about my idea?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking. :icon_scratch:

Been thinking that I cant take it with me. :tongue3:

Been thinking that I might make a stash/cache/hoard/treasure and write a book of riddle-clues as to where it is.

The cache would consist of all my finds from now until death, including all my finds up to this point, and my entire coin collection. Its not the collection of a millionaire but it is substantial. Heck, I'd throw in all of my guns too, but my son will get those.

I figure I got plenty of time to do this before I die, and when I die, the book is to be released for free on the internet. It is my hope that this will provide enjoyment for my fellow treasure hunters for years to come, but if someone is clever enough to find it, then hip hip hooray!

What do you guys think about my idea?

Write away Higgy, you will have fun doing it...

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higgy , Are you aware of the story about Forest Fenn's Treasure ? If not- I believe if you scroll down to one of the sub forums
here you'll see a thread about it . Forest is an eccentric millionaire living in Santa Fe , NM. he has done exactly what you said .
He apparently took a large solid box (wood/ metal?) filled it with gold , gems , and valuable coins and artifacts - took it
somewhere - and hid it . He wrote a book detailing some of what he had done, and in the book he wrote a poem which contains
clues as to the location of the hoard . This is recent history , and the story is well known - you can certainly find it all over the
internet (I think he talked about it on Good Morning America , or the Today Show or some such )

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about hiding some of them goodies down south?would make for a better book and hunt....plus you boys owe us a little for what happened during the war of northern aggression.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy , Are you aware of the story about Forest Fenn's Treasure ? If not- I believe if you scroll down to one of the sub forums
here you'll see a thread about it . Forest is an eccentric millionaire living in Santa Fe , NM. he has done exactly what you said .
He apparently took a large solid box (wood/ metal?) filled it with gold , gems , and valuable coins and artifacts - took it
somewhere - and hid it . He wrote a book detailing some of what he had done, and in the book he wrote a poem which contains
clues as to the location of the hoard . This is recent history , and the story is well known - you can certainly find it all over the
internet (I think he talked about it on Good Morning America , or the Today Show or some such )

I'm more of a detector guy than a true treasure hunter, so I have to admit that I have only seen the mention of Forest Fenn briefly in here. I didnt know he did his treasure and released the info to the public while he was still alive - which is not what I intend to do.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years from now will we be reading about Higgy's Piggy.:dontknow:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how about hiding some of them goodies down south?would make for a better book and hunt....plus you boys owe us a little for what happened during the war of northern aggression.

That's some great thoughts there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread