All About Shotgun Shells, How Many Have You Found, Get Your Shotgun Shells IDed!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Chances are, if you metal detect in the woods you have found a lot of shotgun shells, I have not counted mine, but I found quite a bit. If you have a Shotgun shell you need IDed, just ask here, I will try to ID it. Anyway, lets see who has the most!

Here are some of mine: I have more than that, but this just the only photo of them I have on me.

shotgun.jpg

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am right there with you man, I hunt the woods a lot (love the piece and quite) and have found well over 100 paper shotgun shells. Many different types and gauges most from around 1900 through 1930 i think. When I have time i'll shoot some images to share.
IMG_6382.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I am right there with you man, I hunt the woods a lot (love the piece and quite) and have found well over 100 paper shotgun shells. Many different types and gauges most from around 1900 through 1930 i think. When I have time i'll shoot some images to share.
View attachment 1067764

The funny thing is, the newer shotgun shells (the ones with the plastic end), are made out of steel, meaning the is you have discrimination on your detector, you will never find them, that's why you only find the paper/brass shotgun shells. I think that they were done with the paper end shotgun shells in the 1960's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread