Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy, I'm a native New Englander though I don't live there anymore. I understand the way people think up there. If you weren't born there your not one of them and you never will be. Despite that I had much success when I did live there. I kept my conversations one on one and got access to many sites. Often as not they are of the same mind as you. They don't want anyone else to know they let the guy with the metal detector on their property. One guy wouldn't let me on his property till his wife went out of town for a few days. He said "she wouldn't understand" Discretion is your best tool, a valued trait to be known for. 50 years in this hobby it's something I hold close.

After reading your comments, I know you know what I mean. Its almost like the Borg Collective here sometimes. Anything new or unusual, or more to the point outside their realm of experience is looked down upon. Its hard to be from New England sometimes. Its probably no wonder than in my whole military career the people I found the most friendly and worthy of my friendship were Southerners. Love 'em. Sometimes I think I was born 50 years too late and in the wrong section of the USA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread