New east coast storm with erosion.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be great for me, but the Park Ranger at Elk Neck State Park beach has banned Metal Detecting. I always did good after a good storm, it strips the sand off the beach down to the clay, dirt and pebbles. I found a Standing Liberty Quarter the day after a good storm in a run off rut. There is too many private beaches here on the Upper Chesapeake Bay, Elk Neck was my only shot around here. Anyone else do the Bay Beaches in MD. or VA. ?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be great for me, but the Park Ranger at Elk Neck State Park beach has banned Metal Detecting. I always did good after a good storm, it strips the sand off the beach down to the clay, dirt and pebbles. I found a Standing Liberty Quarter the day after a good storm in a run off rut. There is too many private beaches here on the Upper Chesapeake Bay, Elk Neck was my only shot around here. Anyone else do the Bay Beaches in MD. or VA. ?

Is the park ranger just making up rules as they see fit? According to this from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, you should be within your rights. After all, you're looking for modern coins and jewelry, right? :hello:

MetalDetecting

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boat the Maryland State Park Rules are certain Bay beaches only after Labor Day till Memorial Day, which is fair, because their is no crowds then, but the Park Ranger can veto it, and some dummy digging big holes and not filling them in a un-designated area ticked him off.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Boat the Maryland State Park Rules are certain Bay beaches only after Labor Day till Memorial Day, which is fair, because their is no crowds then, but the Park Ranger can veto it, and some dummy digging big holes and not filling them in a un-designated area ticked him off.

So in Maryland park rangers can just change the law as they see fit?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the Maryland Link regarding Metal Detecting, it is brief and not long, the last sentence says about the Park Ranger having say in the matter. I can see a brief ban because they have events in the off season, like fishing tournaments, lifeguard challenges etc.

MetalDetecting

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is the Maryland Link regarding Metal Detecting, it is brief and not long, the last sentence says about the Park Ranger having say in the matter. I can see a brief ban because they have events in the off season, like fishing tournaments, lifeguard challenges etc.

MetalDetecting

Wow. I don't know how anyone lives in the Northeast. Its like a communist dictatorship.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in Maryland park rangers can just change the law as they see fit?
Park rangers in Florida have final say at state parks too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread