New east coast storm with erosion.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boatlode

Thread: New east coast storm with erosion.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member

    Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    1,618
    286 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

  2. #2
    us
    Oct 2004
    Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
    Whites DFX
    839
    353 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That would be great for me, but the Park Ranger at Elk Neck State Park beach has banned Metal Detecting. I always did good after a good storm, it strips the sand off the beach down to the clay, dirt and pebbles. I found a Standing Liberty Quarter the day after a good storm in a run off rut. There is too many private beaches here on the Upper Chesapeake Bay, Elk Neck was my only shot around here. Anyone else do the Bay Beaches in MD. or VA. ?

  3. #3

    Oct 2014
    New Hampshire
    Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000 Fisher cz-6a, 1265x, Whites eagle IIsl
    181
    325 times
    Old Orchard Beach show me the bling!!! Can't wait

  4. #4
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,364
    1329 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX DAVE in M.D. View Post
    the Park Ranger at Elk Neck State Park beach has banned Metal Detecting.
    Metal detecting on the beach is illegal? Are you serious?
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  5. #5
    us
    Jun 2013
    Baltimore/DC area
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
    615
    452 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX DAVE in M.D. View Post
    That would be great for me, but the Park Ranger at Elk Neck State Park beach has banned Metal Detecting. I always did good after a good storm, it strips the sand off the beach down to the clay, dirt and pebbles. I found a Standing Liberty Quarter the day after a good storm in a run off rut. There is too many private beaches here on the Upper Chesapeake Bay, Elk Neck was my only shot around here. Anyone else do the Bay Beaches in MD. or VA. ?
    Is the park ranger just making up rules as they see fit? According to this from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, you should be within your rights. After all, you're looking for modern coins and jewelry, right?


    MetalDetecting

  6. #6
    us
    Oct 2004
    Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
    Whites DFX
    839
    353 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Boat the Maryland State Park Rules are certain Bay beaches only after Labor Day till Memorial Day, which is fair, because their is no crowds then, but the Park Ranger can veto it, and some dummy digging big holes and not filling them in a un-designated area ticked him off.

  7. #7
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,364
    1329 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX DAVE in M.D. View Post
    Boat the Maryland State Park Rules are certain Bay beaches only after Labor Day till Memorial Day, which is fair, because their is no crowds then, but the Park Ranger can veto it, and some dummy digging big holes and not filling them in a un-designated area ticked him off.
    So in Maryland park rangers can just change the law as they see fit?
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  8. #8
    us
    Oct 2004
    Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
    Whites DFX
    839
    353 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is the Maryland Link regarding Metal Detecting, it is brief and not long, the last sentence says about the Park Ranger having say in the matter. I can see a brief ban because they have events in the off season, like fishing tournaments, lifeguard challenges etc.

    MetalDetecting

  9. #9
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,364
    1329 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX DAVE in M.D. View Post
    Here is the Maryland Link regarding Metal Detecting, it is brief and not long, the last sentence says about the Park Ranger having say in the matter. I can see a brief ban because they have events in the off season, like fishing tournaments, lifeguard challenges etc.

    MetalDetecting
    Wow. I don't know how anyone lives in the Northeast. Its like a communist dictatorship.
    DFX DAVE in M.D. likes this.
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  10. #10
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    7,041
    4745 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatlode View Post
    So in Maryland park rangers can just change the law as they see fit?
    Park rangers in Florida have final say at state parks too.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2014, 12:17 PM
  2. East Coast Florida Erosion Update
    By bigscoop in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2012, 06:26 PM
  3. East coast storm has disapointed and educated me.
    By Barrell in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
  4. Florida east coast - possible erosion soon.
    By tarpon192 in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
  5. Storm on the East Coast
    By Jason in TN in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 12, 2007, 07:49 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0