Kansas City, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No accident there. The manufacturers set the retail price.

If you are looking for CW relics I can highly recommend a Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro with NiCad rechargeable pack. You should be able to find one for $225 to $250. Add a $90 set of headphones and you will keep up with a $1,200 machine for all metal work.

Doesn't mask well, no notch, discrimination is rudimentary but the audio is proportional and analog and it will talk you around trash while still hitting deep targets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

ponz

Oct 15, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Charlie. But it begs the question - Why do some dealers post, "Call me for the best price"?

Ponz

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Charlie. But it begs the question - Why do some dealers post, "Call me for the best price"? Ponz

That's because of the MFR. Authorized dealers are not allowed to post what they are actually willing to sell the detector for. With the privacy of a phone call, generally you'll get a better price than MFR. If they advertized their actual selling price, they'd lose their dealership of that specific manufacturer's detectors.

OP
OP
P

ponz

Oct 15, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's because of the MFR. Authorized dealers are not allowed to post what they are actually willing to sell the detector for. With the privacy of a phone call, generally you'll get a better price than MFR. If they advertized their actual selling price, they'd lose their dealership of that specific manufacturer's detectors.

I see! Thank you.

Ponz

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plus, they will offer "add ins" like coils, tools, cases, etc. to attract a deal.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do yourself a favor when you decide to purchase and call Bart @ Bigboys Hobbies.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions