Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you gentleman do not understand Red. He is looking out for the people! We the people. I read all the posts/videos Red puts out there. He is not writing this stuff...it's already out there! I can not see why we all can't read it and form an actual fact based decision rather then just assume...well, that could never happen. Lets hope it can't, and wont! Now if you guys want to vent...sign up for the charter membership....then...you can join the political section, and exercise your first amendment rights!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Red James Cash, your post made me think of that commercial for the Bra Holster. Showed that to my college classes. The boys laughed, the girls took notes. You are 100% right. Be ready and live. Thanks. You just keep right on posting partner...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I wouldn't personally give advice to someone unless I was sure that it was correct. That implies vetting it first. There's nothing wrong with good intentions, but the road to Hell is paved with them...or so goes the saying, anyway.

Park in a well-lighted area. Close your windows and lock your doors. Check your surroundings before entering your vehicle. Do some reading about body language; if you can get the hang of it, it will pay huge dividends in both life and love. Learn how not to project as a victim, and how to spot trouble before it's actually trouble. (They say to check the back seats prior to entering the vehicle and I still do this out of habit, but this one is starting to seem ridiculous to me. It only takes a moment though, so why not?) That's my advice, and anyone is free to bust me on it if it's wrong. I won't forward an excuse for it, but will merely admit that I was wrong.

This will make for a crappy chain email, and I apologize in advance for that. I only wanted to help.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The only problem Dave is that very few people are prone to listening to warnings,whether they read them or are told.Most people need examples of not heeding said warning.What would make you heed a warning not to break into my house,a no trespassing sign or you seeing somebody get their head blown off by breaking into my house.:laughing9:Which one would be more effective?Lots of people think nothing can happen to them,it always happens to the other person.Doesnt it?

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a poor plan for a carjacking.

1) Get in
2) Start vehicle
3) Notice paper
4) Get out to retrieve paper
5) Draw
6) Fire until carjacker is no longer attempting to run use your own vehicle as a weapon against you.
7) Reload

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get out of my truck my German Shepherd is Always right behind me.
Id love to see him rip a carjackers arm off. LOL 20140625_185535.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check inside my vehicle before entering and I remain alert of my surroundings. I conceal carry a .45 everywhere too..

FindandDetect

Greenie
Mar 7, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Excalibur II.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone did it at one time but why post it? I would give people the idea to do it themselves.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fail to realize sometimes that people live in places that they have to worry about this. I am glad I do not live in one of those places.......Yet. Gotta love gun rights.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Its called situational awareness, and it can save your life. How many of you check over your shoulder frequently while metal detecting? Even when I'm on a deserted beach with nobody visible for miles, I still keep an eye out for strangers approaching from either direction. When they get within my "safety zone", I have one hand on Mr. Glock.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fail to realize sometimes that people live in places that they have to worry about this. I am glad I do not live in one of those places.......Yet. Gotta love gun rights.
Even the city with the lowest crime rate in America still has crime. People need to ALWAYS be viligent and ready to defend their families and their self. ...

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RJc!! The latest one I have seen is placing a 100$ bill under your windshield wiper, and when you get out of the car to retrieve it, the felons jack your car!! Hope they are ready to jack with a S&W!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey RJc!! The latest one I have seen is placing a 100$ bill under your windshield wiper, and when you get out of the car to retrieve it, the felons jack your car!! Hope they are ready to jack with a S&W!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
You did not read the post before yours did you … If they are ready with a S&W that just means one of you will die what one ??????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did not read the post before yours did you … If they are ready with a S&W that just means one of you will die what one ??????
Keppy if your smart your always aware of your surroundings. I'm not going to surrender in hopes they just want the car and mean me or my wife no real harm. I carry a .45 locked and loaded 95% of the time. Went to movie today, was carrying, went clothes shopping, was carrying, sitting in a restaurant now waiting on my food and I'm carrying.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy if your smart your always aware of your surroundings. I'm not going to surrender in hopes they just want the car and mean me or my wife no real harm. I carry a .45 locked and loaded 95% of the time. Went to movie today, was carrying, went clothes shopping, was carrying, sitting in a restaurant now waiting on my food and I'm carrying.
TH… You are right there …You always have to be aware of things and people around you … If you are not always alert you could be in trouble...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread