Should I be saving my old shotgun headstamps?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always see people posting there different headstamps on here, and was curious if this is something I should really be saving, or if there are people that collect these?

I know i have thrown many away and ones that were found on farms from the mid-late 1800s. I just saw the Headstamp site that shows the years on them, and most mine are common I guess, 1902-1910. But is there really a "market" for these

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Doh I collect them, save em up, once you have a nice pile of them I'll buy them from you for a flat rate. I love finding them, so much so I'll go detecting woods where you never hear a beep at all, mostly because I love being in the woods. I get a beep odds are its a headstamp or casing.

Mike

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doh I collect them, save em up, once you have a nice pile of them I'll buy them from you for a flat rate. I love finding them, so much so I'll go detecting woods where you never hear a beep at all, mostly because I love being in the woods. I get a beep odds are its a headstamp or casing.

Mike

Nothing Wrong with collecting them I just didn't know if there was someone out here that did that.

Dude, I collect old hinges and door/window latch pieces...we all have our thing..lol

I will start saving them up and send them your way. I think I only have like 5-10 of them now. I was cleaning thru a bucket that i dump my finds bag in ( Which is a bad idea because its a pain going thru a 5 gallon bucket mixed with clad and junk)

I totally know what you mean. I pretty much only find them on Farms and road tearouts, just because I'm digging anything.

But I will start saving them up for you

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's 2 of them I found this weekend, It looks like they have paper or cardboard in them still

CAM02033.jpg CAM02034.jpg

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have picked some up but never saved them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread