Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a good move to me. Worse case, if you don't like the Etrac then you can always sell it and buy something else. They seem to hold their value pretty well!

I am considering the XP Deus for my next machine. Like the Etrac and my beloved AT Pro, a lot of people seem to like the Deus.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the Route i'm going...I think its a great upgrade. Im planing on having the Etrac beginning of next year. Its just gonna be hard to let go of using the ATP all day, its been so good to me..lol

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I skipped the etrac and went to the 3030. Waterproof and usable in salt water. I looked for a used unit with over 2 year warranty left.

I was going to keep the ATP as my main land machine and buy an excalibur to use in the ocean but by the time you are done with changing over to a
straight shaft, replacing the knobs, getting the harness for the battery pack I was within 500 of the 3030. Both were used.

You are going to have the same learning curve with the etrac or 3030. If you would ever stop using the etrac and go to the 3030 you will have another learning curve.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I skipped the etrac and went to the 3030. Waterproof and usable in salt water. I looked for a used unit with over 2 year warranty left.

I was going to keep the ATP as my main land machine and buy an excalibur to use in the ocean but by the time you are done with changing over to a
straight shaft, replacing the knobs, getting the harness for the battery pack I was within 500 of the 3030. Both were used.

You are going to have the same learning curve with the etrac or 3030. If you would ever stop using the etrac and go to the 3030 you will have another learning curve.

My hunting buddy did the ATP to 3030 swap...I will admit, it was a different beast than the ATP where you can swing quickly and just listen for the sweet tone...But he has had it a few months now and seems to be finding Silver everytime we go out.

I didnt know there was a curve from the Etrac to the 3030. I figured it was bascially the same, just with extra features. I know the numbers are pretty much the same

I think the ATP is still good to keep...Sometimes there are those places you gotta jump out and do a quick scan to see if a place is worth it

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not selling the ATP. Great for backup and that 15" Attack coil covers a lot of ground. Since I do not have the Etrac I would only assume there are features to become familiar with so you may be correct that it would be an easier transition.

I would think the 3030 has more sophisticated features such as better target separation and gps capability. Otherwise it would not have been produced.
Does the Etrac have automatic adjusting ground balancing and sensitivity?

If one is spending the $ why not go to waterproof, ocean ready solution? If purchased used it can always be sold if not liked.

Having used the ATP for over 3 years I like (still learning) the target identification, trash mode, much better balance and the ability to switch to no discrimination by pressing a button. I did pick out a wheat among 3 rusty nails at 7 to 8 inches. I can't remember doing that with the ATP.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, purchase an Etrac! Best machine I have. Don't get me wrong, I love my ATPro, but the Etrac nearly sees through the ground.
I now have app 150hrs using the Etrac. I actually went from ATP to F70 to Etrac. Biggest learning curve was surely the Etrac. Sooo many features. Not as fast as the blazing F70. Slowing my sweep was a problem initially. It has paid off though.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread