No permission..... oooops..... National Military Park

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Throw the book at them!!! They know better to not detect on Federal Property. Maybe next time they wont think that they will never get caught or they do not need permission.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Interesting they were doing it during the day it sounds like.

You know, the paper got it right. The more private land that gets developed, the more you are going to see this happening.

I still fully believe that the federal government should have metal detecting days on secondary battlefields. Charge $100 a person to detect under the supervision of a ranger or archy, with a signed agreement that if you find something of historical value, then it should be turned over and the $100 refunded and a percentage of the value of the item once it is appraised by a museum.
So many things are rotting away in these parks. Just look at some of the items I've dug recently... Even heavy copper buttons start to degrade after long periods of time in certain soils. These archys could be getting alot more recovery if they allowed detectorists to help, but I suppose that would take away from their "glory" wouldn't it.... At least take away some of their grant money...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread