🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Came across a deal and traded my whites dfx for a minelab sovereign elite. Let's just say if first impressions count then this machine is killer! Impressive to say the least. Very well made, coil is just a solid, well built coil. The shaft and coil wire as well look better than my whites. Although not used to plastic on my machines, the housing seems ok. But now for what really counts, depth! Holy crap this thing goes deep. Forget about all metal, just in discriminate alone I was picking up coins 6-9 inches deep as if they where on the surface. Have to be careful with my ears and drop the volume cause I'm not used to it. Pinpointing is easy, flick to all metal and there it is. Yea not having a meter sucks but I feel I've matured enough to realize a meter doesn't mean squat anyway, just holds you back. The recovery speed kinda sucks but I feel not having a meter, plus having to go really slow is going to account for some substantial finds in locations I've "hunted" out. Will see. GL HH, Mike

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too had to slow my sweep when I got my first Minelab machine, (ETrac), this year. Build quality is excellent.
Unlike you, I need the display at this stage...
Congratulations on your new machine!
Peace

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
always wanted a dfx..and a spectrum! I'm in the process of trying to outdo Treasure Hunter, and Sandman on the amount of detectors I have, both of whom I have mucho respect for.

Does that sov elite make the flute sounds like a explorer does ? that's half the reason I got rid of my explorer, I'd have to had spent 5 grand on hearing aids to ever use it to its potential...way to many tones sadly.

Mike

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't really explain the tones, but their not flutey like the explorer/etrac. It will def take some getting used to. I was just taken aback by how smooth the tones are at depth. Nothing I'm used to at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread