Exploring a Junked 1930s Vintage Car On my Property

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It is alright I need to know what I need to improve on I will take all comments good or bad just don't go overboard like the cache thread where EVERYONE had to say SOMETHING!!!
You're way ahead of me already. I haven't got a clue how to post to youtube. Slow down and try standing in one spot and slowly panning with the camera. Stop and zoom in on the important bits you're trying to show. It's all good.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I just found an app called VideoShop and I can edit cut paste combine videos and all of that I can change the speed and pause to change the scene I will use it in my next video which will be in a couple days

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, post by TN rules or don't post....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So you think it is a custom car

The thirties and years that followed were awful tough on many folks. Doodle bug tractors showed up built from car parts. Cars were cannibalized to keep other cars running and few things were really discarded but rather saved just in case they could be used. A pile of metal on the farm was a resource for material.
Too in time, two world wars and their effect on resources taught many people to use stuff up till it was not fixable, then use it for something else. That old car or cars on your site was not forgotten and just dumped, someone knew right where it was if needed. War efforts collected such materials at times too so many such items were hauled away.
Part of history. Here is a couple articles that make your find a survivor, possibly saved for a reason....

Scrap metal drives - World War II on the home front: Rationing

Rationing on the US Homefront during WW II

Last edited:
OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Wow that was helpful thank you for the information going a post back do a earlier post I am breaking tn rules because if I am I do not know how?

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolt, that's a very unique find!! It looks like you were shooting the video with a phone. If you are, turn the phone sideways instead of holding it straight up. It fills the frame better. The VideoShop app should allow you to turn the video to the proper orientation when you edit it. As the others have said, take your time to shoot each item that you are focusing on.

Looking forward to seeing your next video.

habs

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I am amazed you knew I was filming on my phone I am uploading two videos on YouTube as we speak they will be ready tonight or maybe tomorrow I know both will be in Bottles and glass section (for now I might change my mind later)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The thirties and years that followed were awful tough on many folks. Doodle bug tractors showed up built from car parts. Cars were cannibalized to keep other cars running and few things were really discarded but rather saved just in case they could be used. A pile of metal on the farm was a resource for material.
Too in time, two world wars and their effect on resources taught many people to use stuff up till it was not fixable, then use it for something else. That old car or cars on your site was not forgotten and just dumped, someone knew right where it was if needed. War efforts collected such materials at times too so many such items were hauled away.
Part of history. Here is a couple articles that make your find a survivor, possibly saved for a reason....

Scrap metal drives - World War II on the home front: Rationing

Rationing on the US Homefront during WW II

Wow, the front rims on that tractor look like thr rims from my '35 Ford roaster that I had back in the '50s. Frank five star.png
PS, The Germans also recycled!
1960 MESSENSCHMIDTT.jpg

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I looked at it again yesterday and I think all the parts are 1953 dodge and I don't think it is a custom car anymore.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you I will surely do it at the end of the week (if there is no 3 ft of snow out their hahaha)

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you I thought I was the only one who had one on my property

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
How should I dig it I have been told that the hub caps I should collect I found one how should I look for the others?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread