Exploring a Junked 1930s Vintage Car On my Property

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
How about some pictures instead of another video. You're moving around so much on this video all we get is quick glimpses and then you bounce somewhere else. Good pics of the dash, both sides of the motor, and any nameplates.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What else, if anything, is on the VIN plate? And what is the body and engine numbers?
The hubcap looks like off a '53:
dodge-classic-hubcaps-dod53b.jpg

Don..

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I am new to filming videos any other information about the car would be greatly appreciated.

image-3609741166.jpg

Here this is on the rusted engine

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gonna guess studebaker

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
That's the tag off the generator and of no help to ID the car. All I can tell you is that for the most part, generators were phased out and replaced by alternators in the middle 60s so your car is older than mid 60s. I'm still guessing 50s vintage. Take a good clear pic of the tag on the body of the car. Don't remove it. Just take a picture of it

Last edited:
OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Wow thank you so much Is their any part of the car I should keep for parts I would never touch it I am just wondering?

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah they should add that like on the side or bottom!!! (With my horrible filming skills hahaha)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about your filming skills, at least you took the time to make and post the video...that's more than the guys bashing take the time to do.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I love how this amazing treat to have is on my property that is just awesome

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was all intended as constructive criticism and not meant in a mean way.. unlike your rude comment. And we made an effort to help him and took the time to ID the car for him. "that's more than you did"... Have a good night..
Either you don't know the definition of constructive criticism or you don't know what you posted...he had more than five seconds of useful video.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I see some ruffled feathers here. lol.
Here's my guess. It isn't one car. it's something like a rat car. The hubcaps and steering wheel are from 50 vintage, but the bumpers look more 30's/40's. The tires look like the original Surbanite Pattern snow tires. From all the material laying around, I would guess it was originally stored in a shed that collapsed.

As far as the video, that was a novel approach, probably a head mount camera. You got the view of someone stumbling upon an old hulk in the woods. Not the best approach for clarity of ID, but novel. There are rules in video, but they are constantly being violated today for the sake of novelty.
An image should be framed for at least 5 seconds before moving. A turn or zoom should last 8 seconds, etc,etc,etc, And steady cam rigs are common place now in pro video. Frank five star.png
Elvis and Blues.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
boys, boys settle down

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
It is alright I need to know what I need to improve on I will take all comments good or bad just don't go overboard like the cache thread where EVERYONE had to say SOMETHING!!!

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I thank you all for your support and I encourage if anyone wants to say anything else

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions