Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you are talking about the treasure tail of the Oak Island money pit, the original hunters messed it up when the destroyed the original pit. It is now a never ending tail like the lost dutchman. There might be something there or it might have been a temporary storgage place which has been empedied. I don't think we will ever know.

As for the TV show, it is just that, a show.
Frank

111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What makes you think you're here to explain things to everyone? Do you really possess knowledge far above the rest of us?

Not at all. But I seem to find the stuff that's easily found, yet hasn't been found. I'll point out with pride that Sinclair is no longer a "Templar Prince" (whatever the hell that is) in certain areas of this forum now. This was a very easy thing to look up. Apparently no one did it. I solved it with minimal effort. This does not make me some kind of superhero, but merely points out that with certain topics, proper research has not been conducted. And by "proper research," I mean plugging the term into Google, as that's all that it took.

If I come off as having some contempt for certain arguments, this is why. If someone shows up to the argument and they didn't even bother to Google it, what else did they not bother to do? I'm not saying that Google is the alpha and omega of research, but it's quick, it's easy, and you'll end up with leads if nothing else. But they did not even do that, and this has been going on for years. I apologize if I shook things up a bit when I arrived. Things needed to be shaken up. Thank me later.

Templar prince. Sheesh. Who comes up with this crap in this day and age?

Burden of proof is something used in courts of law. Unless they're asking you to invest, No one is obligated to prove anything to YOU about buried treasure. All they need to do is find enough evidence to give THEMSELVES a reason to believe. It's their hunt, not yours.

Indeed. It's also on them to validate the evidence. If people dislike me for pointing out the flaws in the stories, I won't lose sleep over it. I only ask that I'm doing what I'm doing as a favor, as there are damned few people doing this. If you don't want to buy what I'm selling, dig some more holes and tell me what you find. If there's a problem with my research, direct me to the correct sources, but please ensure that they're valid sources.

You seem to think I believe all those theories. What makes you think that? I just think that those who do believe them should have the right to express their beliefs without being harassed by know-it-alls.

Am I harassing, or am I merely asking the wrong questions? It doesn't matter; you can keep that answer to yourself. People can say whatever they like here, although don't think that they have the right to. I ask questions and poke at holes. I'm not sorry that I do this, although I do honestly feel bad (to a degree anyway) that this is bothering you so much. Would it help you if I stopped doing this? If I knew that I was causing hardships with my comments, I'd be willing to stop making my opinions public for the common good. Are my opinions troubling you significantly? Should I back off on this? You seem agitated, but this is electronic media and it doesn't always conduct messages properly.

Since you came along, yes, the conversation has sunk to semantics.

This was my doing, then?

Can you not see that you are doing the very thing here that you down other people for? You are taking as fact that ancient people mistook elephant skulls for Cyclops skulls, when that was nothing but a supposition by scientist, a way of explaining what THEY want everyone to believe. There is proof against the idea that the belief in Cyclopes came only from bones. Just read mythology. Maybe the bones were confirmation in their way of thinking, but they believed STORIES of Cyclopes.

And all of that means that there's treasure on Oak Island? Explain how that works. Be specific, if you would.

O

Old Silver

Not at all. But I seem to find the stuff that's easily found, yet hasn't been found. I'll point out with pride that Sinclair is no longer a "Templar Prince" (whatever the hell that is) in certain areas of this forum now. This was a very easy thing to look up. Apparently no one did it. I solved it with minimal effort. This does not make me some kind of superhero, but merely points out that with certain topics, proper research has not been conducted. And by "proper research," I mean plugging the term into Google, as that's all that it took.

If I come off as having some contempt for certain arguments, this is why. If someone shows up to the argument and they didn't even bother to Google it, what else did they not bother to do? I'm not saying that Google is the alpha and omega of research, but it's quick, it's easy, and you'll end up with leads if nothing else. But they did not even do that, and this has been going on for years. I apologize if I shook things up a bit when I arrived. Things needed to be shaken up. Thank me later.

You like to think you came here and shook things up. The know-it-all mindset just works that way. But sadly, you didn't. There have been know-it-alls long before you arrived.

Indeed. It's also on them to validate the evidence. If people dislike me for pointing out the flaws in the stories, I won't lose sleep over it. I only ask that I'm doing what I'm doing as a favor, as there are damned few people doing this. If you don't want to buy what I'm selling, dig some more holes and tell me what you find. If there's a problem with my research, direct me to the correct sources, but please ensure that they're valid sources.

Yes, it is on them to validate the evidence, but only to themselves. If they ask you to invest, then you have an argument.
Again, you are not in minority here. There are many here who do what you do, and many also who think the other way. Everyone of them are just as smart as you.

Am I harassing, or am I merely asking the wrong questions? It doesn't matter; you can keep that answer to yourself. People can say whatever they like here, although don't think that they have the right to. I ask questions and poke at holes. I'm not sorry that I do this, although I do honestly feel bad (to a degree anyway) that this is bothering you so much. Would it help you if I stopped doing this? If I knew that I was causing hardships with my comments, I'd be willing to stop making my opinions public for the common good. Are my opinions troubling you significantly? Should I back off on this? You seem agitated, but this is electronic media and it doesn't always conduct messages properly.

No, you harass. People can say whatever they like here, but they can't do so without getting blasted for it. I'm not a believer in many of the theories put forth here, but I have been harassed many times for standing for things I do believe in, so I say you shouldn't do that. Unlike you, I don't think you should be censored for speaking what you think, but when it becomes a continual nagging, you shouldn't be allowed to do it. You have a right to think you're above other people, and I suppose you have the right to say so. Now that you've made us aware of your great gifts, just leave it alone and don't use it to harass. If you don't like certain threads, you don't have to click on them and read them.

And all of that means that there's treasure on Oak Island? Explain how that works. Be specific, if you would.

Not at all. And that's why people are wondering why such things are brought up. Why was that subject brought up?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the insults....

Dave Rishar, this is a family friendly forum which means we have members who are also kids, please keep that in mind...

People can say what ever they like till it is brought to the mods or admins attention then if it continues they find they can't say anything at all....

All members please post by our rules.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Stop the insults.... Dave Rishar, this is a family friendly forum which means we have members who are also kids, please keep that in mind...

People can say what ever they like till it is brought to the mods or admins attention then if it continues they find they can't say anything at all....

All members please post by our rules.

Understood. If I may make a request though, please point out the particulars when I screw up. You can do this publically or via PM, whichever suits you. I have no issues with being corrected, but I must know the correct answer in order to internalize said correction. Presently I'm being warned to be good, but I'm not sure how I was bad. Please advise.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood. If I may make a request though, please point out the particulars when I screw up. You can do this publically or via PM, whichever suits you. I have no issues with being corrected, but I must know the correct answer in order to internalize said correction. Presently I'm being warned to be good, but I'm not sure how I was bad. Please advise.

Dave my "stop the insults" comment was directed at all who were throwing insults, it was not meant to be specific towards you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The treasure we all have is our four-score-and-ten years of life, if we are lucky, and how we spend it. Mine is worth more than discussing a pit that was nothing before some kid thought he saw some activity over the area.

i'm going to devote my time to learning how to play the ukulele or something useful like that.

Tempus Fugit,

Charlie

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pardon me for asking, or pointing out, but didn't Mel Fisher find the Atocha by combing through [real] records and finding concrete evidence of it's existence? What records of merit have the persuants of the alleged treasure of Oak Island based their passion on? My point? Mel Fisher went through Spanish archives and found cold hard facts. What solid historical evidence is there for an Oak Island treasure?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tales are meant to remain a mystery. I know one thing, if Dinosaurs bones were just dug up and discovered yesterday, I would have a hard time believing in prehistoric monsters larger than my house previous to the discovery.Just my two halfcents..errr....halfpennies:tongue3:

Last edited:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some tales are meant to remain a mystery. I know one thing, if Dinosaurs bones were just dug up and discovered yesterday, I would have a hard time believing in prehistoric monsters larger than my house previous to the discovery.Just my two halfcents..errr....halfpennies:tongue3:

I agree and I think many would believe they are artificial and were planted...including probably me!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Pardon me for asking, or pointing out, but didn't Mel Fisher find the Atocha by combing through [real] records and finding concrete evidence of it's existence? What records of merit have the persuants of the alleged treasure of Oak Island based their passion on? My point? Mel Fisher went through Spanish archives and found cold hard facts. What solid historical evidence is there for an Oak Island treasure?
Points well taken! He did his research first, but it was still a long shot.
He found it after devoting endless hours and replacing many engines in his boat for two reasons.
1- Pure persistence
2- Good logic in figuring out the ships, because of the storm, sailed , by mistake, inside the barrier islands on the west side of Florida.
Frank five star.png

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to agree 100% with you on that..

O

Old Silver

Just out of curiosity, why is this thread not on the Oak Island board?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
it's like the old prospectors. They love the quest for gold and will keep going back and looking as long as the grubstakes last. Frank five star.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not sure if this question has been brought up or asked already, but do they get incentives from companies like Kellyco for showing their products? I watched an episode earlier this week and it shows a quick glimpse of that metal detector expert's car door which had Kellyco's logo. I know if I was spending tens of thousands (or millions) I would probably have a close ups of a couple of Jeeps or Toyotas and probably have us kick back in the "War Room" at the end of the day with a couple of Budweisers, even though I don't drink. LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if this question has been brought up or asked already, but do they get incentives from companies like Kellyco for showing their products? I watched an episode earlier this week and it shows a quick glimpse of that metal detector expert's car door which had Kellyco's logo. I know if I was spending tens of thousands (or millions) I would probably have a close ups of a couple of Jeeps or Toyotas and probably have us kick back in the "War Room" at the end of the day with a couple of Budweisers, even though I don't drink. LOL

One of the KELLYCO employees is a requested consultant on the show because of his expertise with metal detectors, it may have been his vehicle..

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread