THE RECOVERY HAS STARTED****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I posted several times that the price of energy like oil and natural gas were the real reason for our economic down turn. I also stated that when the price of oil dropped into the 70's the recovery would start and when it dropped into the 60's we will have arrived! Industry will start to bloom again which will create new jobs. I think the forecast change in the political climate has started the ball rolling.
Frank five star.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frank!! GREAT Insight!! Appears as if you are right on target!! Hopefully we will find out if the Elections turn out well!! Hope you're doing well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oil always drops before elections. It also goes higher than it was afterwards. I am not meaning to be sarcastic or argue but where is this recovery taking place and how? In my business, this was by far the worst Halloween season in the last 14 years. Restaurants, diners, bars , etc have no business. I never imagined I'd see malls deserted like I've seen in the last several months. They are so deserted, I was fearing the zombies would come around the corner at any moment. Things are getting worse, and fast !

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this can be Hope and Change we can Believe in :)

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, the only way there will be a recovery is if we decrease the population. We are not a manufacturing country anymore. We are a service economy. Way too many people for so few jobs. Isn't it convenient that Ebola has now become part of our vocabulary?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn is right, no one has any money to fuel the economy, because it's all going in their gas tank.

Donald Trump had it right when he said OPEC should be given an ultimatum. Drop the price of oil, or there will be serious consequences.

OPEC sets the price based on greed, it is nothing more than price fixing....illegal in the US.

Why won't our leaders do anything? Because of the major campaign donations they accepted from big oil companies. Big oil owns them, and us.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No politics...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn is right, no one has any money to fuel the economy, because it's all going in their gas tank.

Donald Trump had it right when he said OPEC should be given an ultimatum. Drop the price of oil, or there will be serious consequences.

OPEC sets the price based on greed, it is nothing more than price fixing....illegal in the US.

Why won't our leaders do anything? Because of the major campaign donations they accepted from big oil companies. Big oil owns them, and us.

I think they heard you. They just dropped the price, But I think it was because we are exporting more oil due to the shale oil reserves.
The economy is shifting also. Notice the gold and silver prices are dropping. That is because the big boys are dumping there sweep funds that were in gold and silver and going back in the market to play. Frank five star.png
111-1 profile.jpg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been forecasted that the US will become an exporter of oil in the next three years.

It will be interesting to see if it comes to be, and how much our pump prices will drop.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Saudis are purposely causing the price to fall and they're doing it to make shale oil operations in the US unprofitable. It is more expensive to recover oil from shale and if the price of oil remains artificially low it will kill shale oil operations in the US.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, political posts only allowed on politics forum...

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Saudis are purposely causing the price to fall......
....or perhaps the american controlled Iraq oil fields are at 100% ?...or demand for oil in China has dropped?OPEC has no monopoly and can't control oil production by non members therefore the law of supply and demand still exists. But i digress ...
the big money folks are tired of sitting around with their thumbs stuck where the sun don't shine and are moving to use the wealth (property/assets)they acquired during the world wide recession they created.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
In reality, we have been exporting a lot of Alaska oil to Japan. They are using more since there nukes have been shutdown. The Saudies are just dealing in reality. We are becoming a much larger oil producer. Shale oil production cost are dropping because of the vast supply concentration. As I said before, if it drops down in the 60's, This economy will bloom. Frank five star.png
_Hay in sky.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank,

Good topic true about the lower price level of oil having a positive effect on the economy.

Spend less on fuel for the car and more is left over to spend on other items likewise fuel intensive industries like rail, airlines, etc see a big drop in their costs and their shares have been moving higher recently.

It may take awhile for the effect to ripple out to the general economy but read the other day that new car sales are also booming.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
When you say oil, the first thing that comes to mind is the money you spend on gas but look at the big picture. Airplanes use a lot of fuel, but the trucking industry uses even more. This is a big one because just about everything you buy is shipped by truck. Look at the clothing industry. Most clothes are made of synthetic fabrics. They are mostly a product of oil. Look at all the plastic rapping material, yep you got it, oil. Hay, that electricity coming out of the wall in most locations is a product of oil. Most people don't even think about the domino effect of even a small change in the price of oil. Frank five star.png
1950S  cushman scooter.jpg Hay, maybe you can start driving your car again! LOL

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I posted several times that the price of energy like oil and natural gas were the real reason for our economic down turn. I also stated that when the price of oil dropped into the 70's the recovery would start and when it dropped into the 60's we will have arrived! Industry will start to bloom again which will create new jobs. I think the forecast change in the political climate has started the ball rolling.
Frank View attachment 1074565
View attachment 1074566
I always said the only thing that happened to the economy was gas went from 2 to 4 dollars at the pump. Add up how many gallons of fuel you use in your vehicles each year. Multiply the gallons times 4...then multiply it by 2. The difference adds up to a lot of money that would fuel the economy. People say its not that simple but I believe it is just that simple. The price of fuel drives the price of everything up...like food, etc.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, now we can wait and see if all of the prices that went up because of the higher fuel prices come down as the fuel prices do. I am guessing that most of them don't. The savings you will see will be at the pump and that will be it. The rest of the savings are going to be pocketed by someone else.

As an experiment I'll wait to see the letter from our waste service saying that they are going to cancel the fuel surcharge they added to our bill when the gas prices exploded. I'm betting I won't get that letter. How are you betting?

To be honest, I agree that the lower gas prices will definitely help the economy, and my Hemi is loving the sub $3 prices. Other than at the pump, most of those savings are going to have to "trickle down" to me though.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, now we can wait and see if all of the prices that went up because of the higher fuel prices come down as the fuel prices do. I am guessing that most of them don't. The savings you will see will be at the pump and that will be it. The rest of the savings are going to be pocketed by someone else.

As an experiment I'll wait to see the letter from our waste service saying that they are going to cancel the fuel surcharge they added to our bill when the gas prices exploded. I'm betting I won't get that letter. How are you betting?

To be honest, I agree that the lower gas prices will definitely help the economy, and my Hemi is loving the sub $3 prices. Other than at the pump, most of those savings are going to have to "trickle down" to me though.

I work in purchasing (and engineering, parts, production, and sales). We buy a LOT of 304 stainless steel. When prices spike we have to pay the price. I have to continually monitor the market to push back on my vendors as the market settles down.

If you don't question the surcharge they probably won't remove it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Im betting with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread