WHy don;t manufactures give better instructions?

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Been detecting for some years now and have numerous units. Been readign the forums for years as well and I see a common thread in all of this. The manufatures instruction manual only tells you what buttons do what (which can be confusing in itself) but none I have seen actually tell you how to be proficient in thier use. When I got the MXT I was lost until I bought the book ZIP ZIP. That helped a lot.

Mostly it seems we all accept the fact that you have to spend days if not months learning how to run your machine well. Why cant the manufacturers provide some better instructions to stop this waste of time learning each machine?

Some one once mention =ed that each machine speaks a different language. It is like the owners manual tells you the vowels, it is up to you to figure out what it is saying.
Very frustration. Considering the cost of some of these newer units, I expect more out of the company that sold it to me. or is it just me?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
*** Experience is the best teacher***
There are some things that are best taught to yourself. Frank five star.png

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you. I think they could make it much easier. If they would give you the different settings step by step it would be a big help. It seems so simple to me now, but in the beginning it was not so simple. I would love to get a Minelab Safari, but do not want to learn a new machine. I have three now and every one is very different. Yes, experience is good. But they could make is much easier when you start out.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some do provide excellent instructions. Earlier this year when I purchased my ETrac, the instruction book that came with it was overwhelming with metal detecting jargon. And, I even connected with it. But, after many hours in the field, the instructions are useless.
Time equals experience.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread