Not open for further replies.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Kelly Vulcan 360 about 6 month's a go. It stopped working. No problem it's under warranty, that's what I thought. After contacting their service department they said no problem here's a RMA number and we'll fax you the return label. No label for 2 days I call back and ask again they say we'll send it to your E-mail today. I get an E-Mail for a shipment quote for a Garrett ATX for$2,000 dollars. I call them back and they say it was a mistake and they're sorry for the inconvenience they'll send my correct label. Well 5 days later NO LABEL, I call back and Scott is busy on an other call. So they tell me I have to call in the morning because evening shift doesn't do shipping labels. I had trouble with my Garrett Pro Pointer and they sent me a label with in minutes. I know things sometimes are are bad and need to get fixed. This isn't the problem I have it's the CUSTOMER SERVICE that is letting me down. During this time I bid on and one another Pro Pointer (for teaching others how to detect) and it has arrived at my house. Kelly if you read this your customer service needs to do their job better, they work fine when you are buying a detector (which I won't from you again), but not when you need service. I will continue to try to get my pin pointer fixed and will update this post as it happens.
Thanks for letting me vent
Happy Hunting

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mackdog, I am so terribly sorry for the inconvenience and agree there is no excuse for these mistakes. Your issue will be rectified today. Period. End of story. Please contact me with the information provided in my signature at your earliest convenience. I will be available today from 8:30-4:00 EST. If I cannot be reached please reach out to my direct boss Gene Knight, our sales manager who will fix this for you. You can contact him at [email protected]. I appreciate the fact that you want to vent about this situation and we here at KELLYCO do everything possible to make sure our customers get top notch quality service but unfortunately now and then there can be an error. That is besides the point however and you have my word that I will make sure this problem is rectified immediately. Today you can reach me at ext. 148 as I will be working in a different part of the office.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just did an RMA for a search coil, at least they attempted to pay for return shipping. I went out of pocket to send back a defective coil.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the call MackDog, I've already spoken to my manager about it and we're going to send you a replacement unit today with the shipping label included. All you'll need to do is ship the old one back. Thanks again for your patience. Might have been mixed up somehow, sometimes those darn RMA emails can end up in your junk or spam folder too. I'm creating the order to have a new one sent out right now.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
556baller, sorry for that inconvenience. Typically we pay to have the item shipped to us and also back to you. Not sure why that would've happened. You may feel free to contact me as well if you'd like to further explain the situation. If there's anything I can do to help please allow me the ability to do so.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris thanks for your help this is the normal way Kellyco handles it's customers. Also thank your manager.
Happy Hunting MackDog

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My pleasure Mack, that's why I hit up these forums. Always happy to help.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit Kco site, not to buy metal detectors, but because they have more accessories than most. Metal detectors should be purchased from passionate vendors like Bart@BBH!
This said, when I purchased a Minelab detector earlier this year, I went to Kco for a Minelab pouch. It arrived in timely fashion, yet it was a "knock-off" made in China. The belt loop was even sewn closed!? I called Kco and was told another would be sent as soon as I paid postage to return defective pouch?
Wrong answer...
After 3 weeks and endless phone calls, I did finally receive a true ML pouch made in Malaysia, without returning "knock-off".
Kco seems to be about numbers more than personal satisfaction?
Just call Bart.
Peace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been dealing with Kellyco for over 8 years and been very happy with their service, they are more than willing to correct any issues that come up and their Minelab repair center is A+.

Last edited:

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago when beginning the hobby I called KCO regarding a AT PRO. After a few days I received an email asking if I made a decision. I made up my mind and called and was told the female rep was not in and to leave a message. She emailed back and I emailed her asking when is the best time to call. She said she could answer anything by email. Dis-satisfied I called asking for another rep. Another rep stated that since I started with her I have to deal with her. OK, enough! I read about Bart at BB Hobbies on this forum and decided to call him. Wow, now this is customer service! Have been dealing with him since. If you have a problem call Bart, the no bundling guy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread was started about current issue and it was resolved by KyC, it is not about something from years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread