What is it you always take to your hunts, that...

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A good attitude is a must. The thought that today is the day for the big find. A screwdriver for shallow finds. An extra pack of smokes. The bank card for beverages. Sunglasses. Sunscreen. Extra batteries. Hat. Ben Gay for the sore muscles afterwards. And the determination to do it all over again tomorrow.
Yup. Keep on going after the ever elusive paydirt moment

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the hunt, who can get free, or who might want to go? There are some places I don't want to go by myself and probably shouldn't, safety and that sort of a thing. There are also a few places I only go by myself.

Keith123

Jul 7, 2013
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a hand file with my detecting equipment. Each time before I leave my car, I put a fresh edge on my shovel. If you hunt in the woods like I do, it can save lots of time being able to cut through a pile of 1" diameter roots instead of digging around them or carrying extra cutting equipment.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading glasses, loupe, gorilla tape and a cooler.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water bottle and my pocket knife - I don't go anywhere with out those two.

Toilet paper. Lost way too many right hand gloves lol

You just need to alternate - Use the right this time, and the left next time, and you still have a pair left over :laughing7:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you need is..... :icon_scratch: Pair of pants with front and rear pockets including change pocket. (Trash goes in back left pocket, clad change goes in front pocket. Silver and gold goes in change pocket) Shovel, pin-pointer and metal detector and..
That's all you need !! :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I try to ALWAYS take a designated driver.Driver must also love to dig,happy to fetch beer,look great in a butt floss bikini and have absolutely no memory skills.
I do love this hobby !!!

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My every-day-carry includes a flashlight (Surefire 6P), a small multitool, OC spray, and a pocket pistol (Kel-Tec P-32). If I'm planning on being out more than a few minutes, I generally add a Glock 31 in an OWB retention holster.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been said, but a cell phone.
Today, I was traversing semi-harsh terrain and 30 minutes deep in the woods. I realized I had forgotten to make an important call before entering woods. I reached for my phone and... nada. I nearly panicked. Made it back to the truck in 10mins and made the call. I was so beat after my 10min return, I went home. Sad, but true...
Peace

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha. You don't know how many times I've kicked snow away to get to the leaves. The cold will cure your hemorrhoids. Real outdoors men don't carry toilet paper.

And that's why I won't shake a "real "outdoors mans hand. Haha

OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gloves, take some gloves!
Yesterday I was hunting on a community walking trail where I found a 1990 U.S Quarter, and while digging for a hit on the ground along side the walking path, I stuck my hand on a fresh pile of dog poop.
That was disgusting and bummed my hunt.
So, yes, gloves, water for cleaning, and towels.

OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My every-day-carry includes a flashlight (Surefire 6P), a small multitool, OC spray, and a pocket pistol (Kel-Tec P-32). If I'm planning on being out more than a few minutes, I generally add a Glock 31 in an OWB retention holster.
That's what I'm talking about.
I carry my high grade (Grizley) Bear Pepper Spray. And while it gives you a sense of security, it may sometimes put you in a vulnerable position if it's windy and the wind is in front of you.
Best bet, pack some heat. Here in Colorado if you go deep into the woods, you never know what you might encounter.
Glock 22 or the G31 are my favorites

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
water,bandanna,extra batteries,extra screw and nut for coil just in case, knife,Plastic bag for machine in case of rain and a can of tobacco, I am good to go

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha. You don't know how many times I've kicked snow away to get to the leaves. The cold will cure your hemorrhoids. Real outdoors men don't carry toilet paper.
That's funny,I know a guy that was raking hay one summer,had to take one, and the dummy wiped his butt with poison ivy leafs.:blob8:Makes me laugh just thinking about it.If push comes to shove I will cut my shirt tail if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's funny,I know a guy that was raking hay one summer,had to take one, and the dummy wiped his butt with poison ivy leafs.:blob8:Makes me laugh just thinking about it.If push comes to shove I will cut my shirt tail if need be.
Holy crap!!!
You can't be serious! :happy2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread