Some take this hobby too seriously ?

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ford better? Chevy better? Nah , both wrong. Everyone knows the Dodge Ram is superior! Lol! Someone had to say it!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

MOPAR.jpg #1 all the way!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well mine is used more and last longer.

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find joy in using quality tools. It makes me happy every time I use my little 18" T-handle Sampson digger - and it bothers me a little every time I use my off-brand, poorly made and inconsistent pinpointer.

I don't see any reason to be a butt to anyone for what they choose to use, though.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see threads were guys go for each others throats over brand X detector, and it's merits or lack of. Really guys (and gals), who cares. It's just a hobby, one of many. I find that my interests, while often dovetailing, transition with the seasons. And that there are SO MANY interesting things to do in this life, that gutting some guy over his choice of metal detector seems such a waste of energy.

Geez winter hasn't even started yet, good things are still to come.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My yugo has 300,000 miles.
Yeah, well my old Dodge has over 407,000 miles! So take that! Lol! Now someone will post with over 500,000 miles!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, well my old Dodge has over 407,000 miles! So take that! Lol! Now someone will post with over 500,000 miles!

I've got more than that on my old bones, and I feel every single mile.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see threads were guys go for each others throats over brand X detector, and it's merits or lack of. Really guys (and gals), who cares. It's just a hobby, one of many. I find that my interests, while often dovetailing, transition with the seasons. And that there are SO MANY interesting things to do in this life, that gutting some guy over his choice of metal detector seems such a waste of energy.

I agree with arguing over what brand of detector is a "waste of energy"....but can argue over "its just a hobby".... for some that may be true... but for many here....I assure you it is no 'hobby'...

It is ....... a way of life.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not using a p.i detector your missing it..
and is it snowing out there. there talk-en 18' of snow by this time tomorrow in to Wednesday....
winter is here . we had our Indian summer and it was beautiful..

liftloop

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like my Bounty Hunter, my Jeep Grand Cherokee, my Vizio tv/monitor, homemade computer, and all the rest of my stuff. I've got it, and don't intend to let you have it! Mine's the best, yours is mediocre at best. lol
Other than poke some fun, I really don't think it matters what brand, type, or even the age of what you have, as long as you're happy with it. 'Nough said!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
Great topic! I've been noticing the forum heating up lately over it. I still use a 10 year old machine and it suits me fine. I bought a newer model a few years ago and didn't notice much difference other than my wallet being emptier. I know my machines aren't top of the line... but they are good enough. And that's all that matters.

Buy the best machine you can afford. Then most importantly... learn how to use it and don't look back.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That shirt is AWESOMER funny! :laughing7: Unless you're standing on the beach with 4 regular and curious hunting partners? :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread