Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Probally the second people saw he was ralleying for a Banner, people didnt care as much....There are alot of people how are on here that you can tell are looking for attention really bad. Like the people that post the same thing in 5 different sections and the story varies in each posting...some say they found it years ago...some posts say Months ago..then they admit to lying for some insane reasons. Then they consitinaly bump their own post when interest is lost...Just speaking hypothetically of course..

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Probally the second people saw he was ralleying for a Banner, people didnt care as much....There are alot of people how are on here that you can tell are looking for attention really bad. Like the people that post the same thing in 5 different sections and the story varies in each posting...some say they found it years ago...some posts say Months ago..then they admit to lying for some insane reasons. Then they consitinaly bump their own post when interest is lost...Just speaking hypothetically of course..

I think I posted in the thread you speak of as well

Lol. ;)

It's not hard to tell the truth.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And it's incredibly easy to pass judgement on others on the internet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's incredibly easy to pass judgement on others on the internet.

Yes well put & What I remember he Apologized & was forgiven.
Or was there lying going on from those saying they forgave him also ?

This thread is about 1 Poster, Nobody else.
& I don't want to see attacks on anyone who is a Respected Member.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hopefully, I'm following the chain of events re this situation correctly, but it seems that the posting under a different name in an attempt to garner support for the dishonesty is worse than the initial act of bad faith. I suppose it would be related to "the cover-up is worse than the crime." I'm grateful that the mods can catch this type of activity. Apologize, take your lumps and don't engage in those actions and that would be the end of it. But to conduct a ruse after being caught is indicative of someone who doesn't want to learn from their mistakes.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Banner is, by my reckoning, a river of esteem that within, only the worthy swim.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Banner is, by my reckoning, a river of esteem that within, only the worthy swim.

There are plenty of Banner finds that have set off alarm bells in my head. I am sure there have been many people just like Conor looking for affirmation and posting bogus finds but they haven't been caught.

If I think a find is questionable I ignore it. In the long run it doesn't matter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of Banner finds that have set off alarm bells in my head. I am sure there have been many people just like Conor looking for affirmation and posting bogus finds but they haven't been caught.

If I think a find is questionable I ignore it. In the long run it doesn't matter.

It matters to us......

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All drama aside, it's one "heck of a find"!
Peace

Says Who?

Sorry Cincinnatikid,

but I would like to weigh in.

99.9 of finds here are recognisable immediately. Coins, rings etc. They are easily identified. Markings, context etc.

When it comes to identifying something so GENERIC, but possibly very historically significant,
I doubt a few pictures would cut it.

An expert would want to put their hands on it. I personally have doubts from the pics. No verdigris or bronze I can see.
Conor may be genuinely mistaken in the first place.

I hope not, but until I saw a coroner's report, or at least the opinion of the Finds liaison officer , I would be uneasy.

Just a thought,

Rory

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It matters to us......
It certainly isn't worth losing any sleep over. I understand that you try to maintain standards for Banner finds and I appreciate that. But I firmly believe that people post fake finds that make it to the Banner periodically. In my opinion 1-2 percent of the finds that make the Banner are questionable. That doesn't reflect on the website or the moderators. You guys are trusting and you should be. It really only reflects on those who fake finds to gain approval.

All of this is just my opinion. I have no idea how many Banner finds are actually faked/lied about but I guarantee you this wasn't the first and won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread