Makro pinpointer

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the link. I was able before seeing that find a metal detector dealer in N. Georgia with expedited shipping to me for $125 which seems to be the going rate for these right now. So it will get to me quicker than other sources.

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Makro came in and it is rather a beefy pinpointer for sure. I like the workings and the vibration is very felt and the audible signal can be heard even with full headset on. I like the way and ease the two tip covers interchange. Very quick with a positive snap. The LED light is a nice feature but wish the light had a button on the side of the main body rather than the rear of the unit.

Sensitivity wise as compared to my Accufind it is more sensitive and alerts within about 1.5" further away than the Accufind. Not a bad thing but I would not want it to alert any further away for sure. I like the fact you can switch from audible/vibrate to also either just vibrate or just audible. Now you can adjust sensitivity in 4 settings. The highest sensitivity will yield about a 3" distance from object alert while the lowest sensitivity setting you have to be about 1" to the object to get an alert.

Now to the field this weekend to put it through the paces to see how real world it will work for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions