Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just out running errands when I saw a puddle, the puddle turned out to be ice. I looked at the car's thermostat, 26 degrees. I dripped some water on my porch before to errands to see if it would freeze. Sure enough when I came back it was just ice. And the last, but worst part, I kicked the ground to see if it was frozen, hard as a rock. Also, It snowed this morning. Anyways, I'm supposed to go metal detecting tomorrow at a new place from the 1600's that's hours out of state. Hopefully the ground will not be frozen tomorrow, and maybe being farther south it may not be as bad.

Coinman123,

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope the ground is good to you tomorrow. good luck on your hunt....

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Northern Ohio's got some warmer days coming up toward the end of the month. Supposed to be 59 degrees on the 25th! :sunny: Also some days in the 40's for Dec.. Pretty snowy at the moment though. :offtheair:

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No frost in the ground here yet but talking snow today so hope for warmer weather.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
hope the ground is good to you tomorrow. good luck on your hunt....

Thanks, This morning I checked the ground in some places, mostly digable, but in some places very hard. I hope that later today it will thaw, and being hours south, it may be better. Last night after posting this thread, I put a cup of water outside to see if it would freeze overnight, it solidly froze. Keep in mind, that was only about 4 oz of water, but it's still a big deal to me.

Right now it is 27 degrees, and 21 degrees with the wind chill.

Coinman123

Last edited:

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to put up with mosquitos and hot summers, but I'm sure glad I don't have to worry about ice and snow in the winter. In south-central Louisiana it was about 30 degrees last night. That's very cold for these parts. Every couple of years we get a decent freeze where the roads have ice patches and the overpasses freeze...it's a MESS, cars sliding off the roads everywhere. Cajuns just aren't used to cold weather and definitely can't drive in it, myself included. If temperatures drop below freezing for about a day or more and ice forms, schools and public works shut down. LOL!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in SC Nebraska it has not been above freezing for over a week and today we are having our second snow fall in a week. Not normal but too cold for me so all toys are out of the van and into the warm house for who knows how long.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig while you can, it's coming.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to go metal detecting where I wanted to today. The ground was fine, but I never found anything good. Right now it's 21 degrees, so I have a feeling it will be frozen soon. I'm supposed to go metal detecting again tomorrow morning.

Coinman123,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread