🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering about peoples opinions on what metal detector brands/models are the best in the $600-$1000 range. I looked at some similar threads, but they were on lower end detectors. I have found that the Garrett At Pro and the Whites MXT Pro seem to be the top two. I know there are other brands out there such as Minelab and Fisher. I live in WI, so I highly doubt I'd be finding any gold with it, just mainly coins and relics.
All of them :) GL!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
American Heritage Research & Preservation Society....AHRPS.org
It's Monte's website:thumbsup:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Safari has the same multi-frequency system and depth capabilities as the etrac and it uses all the same coils as the etrac. The Safari weighs the same (heavy), it just isn't backlit, and it gives less target ID information than the etrac. It is a hard hitter on silver just like the etrac, and in my opinion is a good choice for a cheaper FBS machine. You can get a used etrac for the same price as a new Safari, or I have seen used Safaris go for 600 bucks or so. There is a huge learning curve on the FBS machines, but the same is also true on most of the modern higher end machines.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Safari is a dumbed down ETrac, with a lot slower processor.

Another one to consider on is the Nokta Fors CoRe...

CMan1

Nov 21, 2014
Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoying my AT Pro finding items land and beach. Foot deep water wave force okay strong shaft.
Third metal detector in my life.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Ryaan21....the Fisher CZ-20 or 21 is a workhorse machine. You can take them anywhere , land or water. I like the 3-tone capability of the Fisher cz, and the 2 frequency coil that works very well in saltwater areas. I got mine used for less than 500. When you hip mount the machine you can hunt all day and not get worn out swinging. Another all around great machine is the Excalibur. May be harder to get for less than a 1000.....but not impossible.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my at pro...no problems at all and alot of bang for the buck.coupled with a pro pointer you are set

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was wondering about peoples opinions on what metal detector brands/models are the best in the $600-$1000 range. I looked at some similar threads, but they were on lower end detectors. I have found that the Garrett At Pro and the Whites MXT Pro seem to be the top two. I know there are other brands out there such as Minelab and Fisher. I live in WI, so I highly doubt I'd be finding any gold with it, just mainly coins and relics.
As you learn the hobby of metal detecting, you will most definitely look for something still user friendly, but with more options and better depth.
I'd recommend the Makro CF77
Do a search for Makro CF77 on google

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread