plastidip the coil

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed a loss of sensitivity when I applied it to my garrett pro pointer. not huge but there all the same. i would not do it again.

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago I bought this product to protect my boot(s) toes and heels.Outstanding! Having some left over,I covered all of my coil covers with it to see how it would work as extra protection.Never has worn off.

Steel Toe Work Boot Repair and Protection

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustynailsandscrews.
Please elaborate when stating that you "know all about the so called water proof coils from the factory that still end up with water in them".
I have/had many coils over the past few years. Not one has been penetrated by water, with or without coil cover.
Thanks
Peace ✌

Just that. Over time I have found water in the coils. I run lots of creek beds and over time ended up with coils that had water in them with no damage to the coil casing. How it gets in, I'm not sure of but it does. Maybe around the rubber wire grommet ?
Haven't had those problems after spraying with plasti-dip.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Look at it this way, WHY WASTE YOUR TIME coating your coil? I have been detecting since the 70's. Never had a coil wear out or fail. I have detected all over the USA in all kinds of soils, rocks and sands. My present detectors are app.14 years old with original coils. I don't even use coil covers! Think about it! Frank five star.png
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread