Air Compressor

Buddbud

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dive compressor made from a Honda 4hp motor and and a 263 air pump on the air pump one is intake is sucking air and one is pushing is that correct or is there something wrong and what do I need to correct the problem if so. I bought the set up used and that's how it was from I got it. I am talking about the two air intake one is sucking and one is pushing air out. I am not talking about were the heater hose and dive hose hooks up.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yoi!

Yes, there is one intake and one outflow. You want to hook your regulator to the outflow. And for God's sake make sure the compressor exhaust is FAR AWAY from the air intake.

Here's a video.

Make sure your loved ones are provided for with the proper insurance and have the bank account numbers recorded in a safe place.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes.. one that is intake should have a snorkel... the one pushing air is your air supply
what brand is it? is it gas ?

OP
OP
B

Buddbud

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am talking about the two air intake one is sucking and one is pushing air out I mean thru the air snorkel. I am not talking about were the heater hose and dive hose hooks up. It's a 263 dive compressor with a gas Honda 4hp motor.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be flapper valve sticking... or sleeve needs to be replaced...
Did you just obtain this unit? ... if so you need to rebuild it anyway... no matter what someone tells you about the unit, it makes good sense to rebuild... should be kit with instructions available.
Not hard to do ... take your time and make it right... a lot depends on it.
It will give you piece of mind in the end that the parts are new and working properly... I am not sure about your unit ... but my Brownie rebuild runs under 200... I rebuild whenever I even suspect a poss prob.

OP
OP
B

Buddbud

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ARRC I have just obtain it its a 263 air compressor were is the best and cheapest place to buy the rebuild kits and what comes all comes in the rebuild kits. How many rebuild kits would I need. Thanks

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ARRC I have just obtain it its a 263 air compressor were is the best and cheapest place to buy the rebuild kits and what comes all comes in the rebuild kits. Thanks
just do a google search for your make and model rebuild kit... I am not even sure what type you have etc... I think you have a keene model by that "263" type #... I will also do a search... if it is what I think it is one they use for dredge as well.

OP
OP
B

Buddbud

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's the one Keene uses 263 type and how many rebuild kits would I need. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread