SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everybody! I've really been wanting to get a Gopro camera to film some of my sites and take pictures of my finds since I hear they are good cameras. I'm looking at getting the basic Gopro Hero ($130 version). Does anybody have any experience with Gopro's and how well they focus on items? If this doesn't fit this category feel free to move it mods.
Thanks,
SCDigginWithAK

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gopros are great for filming, but not so great for pictures. You will have to buy equipment mounts and possibly new cases if you want to be able to record sound during the filming.

PLan on spending at least as much time editing as your do hunting if you want to have decent video results.

OP
OP
SCDigginWithAK

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gopros are great for filming, but not so great for pictures. You will have to buy equipment mounts and possibly new cases if you want to be able to record sound during the filming. PLan on spending at least as much time editing as your do hunting if you want to have decent video results.
Ok thanks! Does the camera have a nice focus while recording?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a permanent set focus which is something like 1 foot to infinity. You will have to play with it to see how close you can film.

One more thing, you WANT a video display back for it. Otherwise you are just hoping and praying that what you are trying to film is really being recorded. Imagine trying to take pictures with your cell phone without looking at the screen.

OP
OP
SCDigginWithAK

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank y'all! I will have to play with the display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions