StoneDogg1

Greenie
May 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love browsing everyone's finds & reading the stories behind them. One thing I wish for, however (and I've seen this happening a bit more, recently) is that everyone would also post a single photo of the "trash" found during the same outing (whether it be all of the pull tabs, can slaw, mounds of clad from the coin rolls, fishing sinkers, etc...).

I think it would educate new folks getting into the hobby.

Thoughts?

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how looking at the trash helps. Pics are posted mostly to prove what you have found. I don't post at all unless I have something that isn't seen every day. I find a lot of silver coins but only post if old or rare. You guys know what a Rosie or Merc looks like.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how looking at the trash helps. Pics are posted mostly to prove what you have found. I don't post at all unless I have something that isn't seen every day. I find a lot of silver coins but only post if old or rare. You guys know what a Rosie or Merc looks like.

It helps to keep those encouraged who haven't found anything good.... showing that even the folks who post the great stuff still have to make an effort and dig a ton of trash. But obviously you don't have to be in the hobby for long to know digging junk is just as big a part of the hobby as finding the good stuff, and no one can avoid it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions