Paypal gave my money away without my approval.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was last year or early this spring that I got Avast antivirus and a few weeks ago they emailed me saying they were taken $39.99 to renew my Avast.The company is Nexway. They said they would take it on December 2 and I could click on the email and this page would pop up to fill in the required areas and I didn't know all of it and after 6 times of trying I couldn't email it back to tell them I no longer wanted their antivirus. When I ordered it the first time it ask if you want to have them take it out at the end of the year and I always click no just like I do on here because I like to make up my own mind if I want to pay or not.
I trashed their Antivirus a few weeks ago and my computer runs better. No more pop ups and loud voices coming out of the computer saying you virus definitions have been updated and something else keep popping up.
So why wasn't I notified so I could click authorized or unauthorized and now I feel I cant trust Paypal anymore and I let them know and I tried to put in a resolution center and It looked like they were asking me to change my password and all and it wouldn't take it and when I clicked send it would pop back up so I clicked off and I guess they got it Because I got an email from Paypal.
Paypal better fix it so these companies can just steel your money and put you through a bunch of crap to get your money back. I put Nexway's email address in my email and told them I want my money back.

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's surely an infuriating situation.
PayPal has had recent security problems, that I hope have been resolved.
Now, when I make "online" purchases, I use a pre-paid card with a certain dollar amount loaded on card.
Hope you get your loot returned.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks cincinnatikid. I got an email from Nexway saying they are returning my money and to make sure all their downloads are removed. And Paypal says I'm getting my money back.
I never thought it would happen all that fast.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those subscription payments are a crime, you but something ad it puts that on. Companies are ripping off people that have these services and don't even realize they are paying for them. Always check PayPal for any authorized payments/auto payments that you really didn't mean to authorize. There is a section and you'd be amazed how many companies can take money without your consent and then you have to make a stink to get it back.

As far as antivirus check out Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and works very well. Most av are good at telling you that you have a virus and not at preventing or removing them. I'm an IT guy and the free Microsoft one is actually the best in my opinion. Have that and don't open any attachments you weren't expecting...the IRS isn't going to email you about an audit and that pdf fax is not really a pdf people! Don't open stuff if you were not expecting it, and if you're not sure, call the sender and find out, if you don't know them, ITS SPAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks HenryWaltonJonesJr. That's who I went with Microsoft security essentials and it's free and no more problems.
I made the mistake of clicking on something once and it cost me $80.00 to get my computer fixed.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well do a little research and then turn on backup and restore. If you ever get an issue just run the restore and turn back the clock, it'll work 90% or more of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think that's bad? Try buying or selling any gun related item so they can freeze your account and you don't get anything out of it 'till you admit to breaking their rules then they throw you out! I've heard of people that have had thousands tied up for months they couldn't access! I'm waiting for the next latest and greatest before dealing on line!

Wade

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That is very annoying, try to call them and explain to issue, if nothing works and worst goes to worst say that you will not so business with them anymore.

Coinman123,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread