Poll...who ADMITS they want to find valuables with their metal detectors ?

T

TreasureTales

Everytime I go treasure hunting/metal detecting I hope to find something spectacular. I seldom do, but I usually find something worth keeping. Frankly, at my age, I'm just happy to be able to get out there and try, it's the hunt that really gets my heart a-racing. The finding is nice, but the hunting is the fun part. If I happen to find something worth keeping, so much the better. You'll understand if you stick around the hobby long enough. It's like fishing or hunting, it used to be success that counted - now it's about enjoying the hunt itself. Priorities change as we age.

chall13

Greenie
Feb 17, 2007
geogia
Hi

yes just to get out and look is almost as much fun as finding
that special coin the exercise the fresh air and sunshine is worth
all the time you spend looking after this winter that wont quit

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I never have bought expensive jewelry as I felt it would be a frivolous purchase. I did buy an expensive detector and when I go out, I'm looking to find gold, and jewels. I use to dig a lot of coins, but I figured that was detector school. I have found gold, with some diamonds and jewels, although not a whole lot, but enough to make me happy. When I go out now, it's just to dig the low tones, and most of the time, the only coin I will dig is a nickel signal. I do enjoy the hunt and the satisfaction on gaining proficiency with my machine and perfecting my techniques. Metal detecting is a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but for me it's searching for valuables, even though I don't even want to sell them.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These things can find valuables?

Why wasn't I informed earlier?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread