Crashing Mel Fishers Investor Meeting @ Captain Hirams Sebastian Florida in 97

MaroonedInOhio

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2014
Barberton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crashing Mel Fishers Investor Meeting @ Captain Hirams Sebastian Florida in '97

I had just picked up a 22' O'Day sloop for sailing in the notoriously shallow Indian River lagoon and had taken my then latest "love of my life" on her 1st time sailing. True to form she absolutely hated it & as far as I could fathom for the mere fact that it was a "waste of time" in her words in which time & the $ could've been better spent... on her! In her eyes! The 1st public dock sailing N from the Wabasso Causeway happened to be @ Capt. Hirams' where she wanted off so she could get in touch with her True Love! Which by the way was anything in a glass that contained copious amounts of alcohol. I docked the boat with no help from her for as we got close she literally jumped ship and headed for the bar. Now truthfully she was a very beautiful woman and if I could make a comparison she looked like a very early Maureen O'Hara and Penelope Cruz, I kid you not and what was even crazier she was a twin who was just as stunning and as nuts as she was. As I tied off and headed to the Sand Bar I seen that Mel Fisher was having his yearly investors meeting at the outside Patio. Knowing Mel from running into him from time to time and our mutual friendship with Robert Marx and his underwater archaeology survey of the "Wickedest City on Earth", Port Royal. I told him that I needed some advice concerning my latest love and some skeletons in my Family Closet that I hadn't divulged to her. So I pointed her out to him and a couple of his investors and said Mel there are some unsavory things in my family that I haven't told her.... like my Pops was a Flim-Flam man and a convicted bank robber, my sweet Mother was the getaway driver and my Sister ran a house of ill repute. With several of his investors hanging onto my every word I said Mel...Do you think I should tell her that my older Brother is a Treasure Hunter?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, (if true), you actually entertained the one and only treasure hunting icon Mel Fisher, into hearing your tale must be known!
Treasure legend aside, when I read Penelope Cruz, followed by "twin", my heart skipped a beat. ;)
We all have skeletons in our family �� closets, yet we strive to overcome.
This said, I would like to read more of your tales. Post more.
Peace ✌

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck with the story!
I want to see pics of this "Maureen O'Hara" look alike!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread