Newby Question

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
I have never been hunting with a MD ever before but am willing to try now that i have learned that there is a good indication that my property that i bought in Tennessee of about 14 acres of land holds a lost silver mine. From the geo. maps and state maps and the location of where this mine was in the general area i have about 98 % sure it is on my land. Now my question or should i say questions are.

Can a Metal Detecter pick up a silver mine in the ground?

What would be the best one to buy for this?

I own the mineral rights but does that mean i would own the silver mine and if not what would i need to do to stake a claim to it?

I know this is more then one question but i am a newby and need answers as soon as i can get them. I have a crew coming in a week or two to log the land and then it will be up to me to hunt for this lost mine.

Thanks

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to TreasureNet siscokid1!

Holy crap... I'm lucky to find a silver dime! You think you have a silver mine?

I'm of NO help to you but folks here can advise... there are also other T-Net forums here that can speak to mining... reading some of those could help.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you find your mine! If your so inclined, keep us advised with your story and maybe some pictures so we can all share your adventure!

My first move would be to get a lawyer...

OP
OP
white dove

white dove

Apr 16, 2007
Tennessee
Montana Jim said:
Welcome to TreasureNet siscokid1!

Holy crap... I'm lucky to find a silver dime! You think you have a silver mine?

I'm of NO help to you but folks here can advise... there are also other T-Net forums here that can speak to mining... reading some of those could help.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you find your mine! If your so inclined, keep us advised with your story and maybe some pictures so we can all share your adventure!

My first move would be to get a lawyer...

I will try to keep everyone updated as best as i can on this.

Yep it would be neat to find it and to be able to keep it and the money from it lol. I bought my land close to pomona in Crossville and from old books and maps and where the old logging roads are at on my property as well as the depth indicated on the maps the cheerokee mine is somewhere close by. there is a cave and a bluff that is almost completly covered and at times i go out and try to uncover it as best as i can but until recently did i learn that it is almost certain that it is on my property somewhere did i realize just how good a chance i have at uncovering it.

There used to be several old home places on this propperty and an old school which is no longer there and you can hardly tell it was there unless you look at the old maps for cumberland county but then when i walked back through the woods behind my house i have seen several rocks that where part of these buildings and even once found an old type tomb stone but it was about 500 feet from my back property line.

It is neat in a way becauise i never thought about hunting any kind of treasure and then one day a friend of mine was doing reasearch for school and came across some old maps and writtings on the lost cheerokee sliver mine around pomona and it has gotten me all excited but i do not want to be dissappointed in it either.

Maybe does anyone else have any info on the lost silver mine around pomona that you would be willing to share? If so maybe we can split the profits if we find it? Would be willing to let an experienced hunter help find it provided we split profits 50/50.

Just pm me if you have any more info online about it or anything of that would help me to locate the exact spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread