Newbie: bounty hunter quick draw II

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hiya,

I don't know much about the BH QDII but I'm certain that if you take the time to learn your machine you will have lots of fun and be able to join the rest of us in ridding the soil of that lucrative item called the pulltab ;D

good luck and Happy Hunting

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Any machine will find things, just some are made to do certain types of detecting better than others. Just don't get so frustrated the first few times out you wrap it around a tree. It takes a long time to learn what it's telling you, and that can only be had by experience.

OP
OP
dehaan24

dehaan24

Apr 17, 2007
NW LP Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Thank you for the replies. Hope to find cool stuff like the rest of you.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Yes... you'll be good to go!

I only own BHs and have the Pioneer equivilent to your machine... the same thing.

I've been using it (and others I have) for several years with no issues! It found me gold and silver - rings and jewelry, coins of all types, artifacts and relics... no problem!

Your machine will find all the same stuff you see posted here by folks with all types of machines.

Key to your success: Practice, understand there is a learning curve with all medal detectors, and more practice. Pay attention to the sounds and readings, play with the discriminator, figure it out. And always remember... knowing your machine is great, but eventually you'll need to pay attention to where you detect! Thats when research takes over and becomes your winter hobby! ;)

Best of luck... look forward to seeing your finds!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
read the book twice---good advise---even better advise ---it takes a while to learn your machine---best advise of all ---if the machine becomes unstable-beeping all the time acting weird---(say due to minerails in wet sand at the beach or high minerails in the ground in dry land or high power lines) turn down the sen knob (power) and turn up the disc. knob.
this should help steady up the machine ---only adjust it down/up till the machine is stable because the less power and more disc you use the less depth you'll get---its a trade off---that should help you a bit --- P.S. you will dig pulltabs and junk in the beginning alot after time you will get the hang of your machine and dig them less---Ivan

OP
OP
dehaan24

dehaan24

Apr 17, 2007
NW LP Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
ivan salis said:
read the book twice---good advise---even better advise ---it takes a while to learn your machine---best advise of all ---if the machine becomes unstable-beeping all the time acting weird---(say due to minerails in wet sand at the beach or high minerails in the ground in dry land or high power lines) turn down the sen knob (power) and turn up the disc. knob.
this should help steady up the machine ---only adjust it down/up till the machine is stable because the less power and more disc you use the less depth you'll get---its a trade off---that should help you a bit --- P.S. you will dig pulltabs and junk in the beginning alot after time you will get the hang of your machine and dig them less---Ivan
Thank you. I should have had the machine for the weekend but it never showed up. Go figure. Shipped on Tuesday priority mail. I have done quite a bit of research for my area and have found an old post office location from 1882. :D Also several railroad station locations from 1880's from the logging era. ;D

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to own the QDII, like many have mentioned, read the manual first.

Good luck and looking forward to pictures of your finds!

Night Stalker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread