digged out

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scrub the ground with one coil I own, my other coils cover looks like it went through battle. Practice makes perfect but one has to always be watching his swing. I constantly make corrections. When I detect I am fully concentrating on my coil and nothing else. I make a x and a cirlcle on a hit, and check my vdi. I grab my pp and pop that target. I work on reducing my time on target so I can dig more holes. I make it look easy, but took some practice. Its a numbers game. You have to put in time in this hobby.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would upgrade. If you can afford the AT pro, it is a good all around machine and not too costly. If you cannot, then I would get a Tesoro Compadre. Very low cast and a good machine. Good Luck. You might be surprised what you will find in those places you have already hunted!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any reviews on here about the Fisher F75SE?

Whole sub-forum at Fisher Research Labs (<- click the name)

I have one of the originals and just sent it in for the upgrade to the latest software. It was a great detector before but a little "edgy" wherever there was electric interference nearby. The latest versions (after Nov 2014) have EMI shielding and additional search modes. Haven't got mine back but the word among those who have is that it makes it a very stable detector . . . plus you can toggle between the older or newer software as conditions allow.

An "edgy" detector can be very deep seeking when conditions allow you to hunt that way. Like a fighter plane wants to be a little unstable for improved maneuverability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions