Has treasure ever been found using a treasure map?

O

Old Silver

Attachments

• Minn treasure found.jpg
    Minn treasure found.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 112

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it can happen!

Just plain, uncoded maps that don't take a 37th level freemason decoder ring and the engraving off an Atlantis manhole cover to solve. Good to know.

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting snapshots into someones secret cache hiding practices. especially old homesteds and gold was mentioned in both. who wouldn't want a can under the porch with 7,000. in gold? thanx for shareing.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they had'nt found it they would'nt have started calling the treasure maps:laughing7:

dougward5

Aug 30, 2014
ALABAMA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This one found from a map would be worth about 12 million or so today ..or so i have been told ... The map was created by a Mason ..and story is it had quite a few masonic symbols ...of course the family were wealthy slaveholders .. Boaz was also rumored to have an interest in a few filibuster plans ....those who can connect the dots might figure there is a lot more to the story ....The Evening Independent - Google News Archive Search

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you are gonna be more successful finding gold nuggets in a parking lot.an exception might be that the strange old dude down the way(who will only speak to you)claimed he was d b cooper,handed you a map,then keeled over.:dontknow:

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

I think you are gonna be more successful finding gold nuggets in a parking lot.an exception might be that the strange old dude down the way(who will only speak to you)claimed he was d b cooper,handed you a map,then keeled over.:dontknow:

I don't think the people in those articles I posted would agree with you.
I don't have any treasure maps, I'd just like for people to see that they can be wrong about things they consider impossible.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you know that the Library Of Congress owns so many "treasure maps" that they started a catalog book. I actually own a copy. You can request a copy of any map in various forms of your choosing... for a fee of course.

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

did you know that the Library Of Congress owns so many "treasure maps" that they started a catalog book. I actually own a copy. You can request a copy of any map in various forms of your choosing... for a fee of course.

Cool. I wouldn't be interested in things like the lost Dutchman, etc., but if I could get a few like the ones above, that would be worth my time.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I wouldn't be interested in things like the lost Dutchman, etc., but if I could get a few like the ones above, that would be worth my time.

try going to the their website... do search.. should tell you if they posses any on it.

NEVERMIND !!! I just went on their site and some program tried altering my computer... I had to shut my com off to avoid it.
I don't know what the heck it was.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went out to my library/map room which is piled high and dead ahead was the catalog... thought I would be searching for a bit.
SO... my issue is from 1964
Its called "A Descriptive List of Treasure Maps and Charts in the Library Of Congress" compiled by Richard S. ladd

And in glossary it says 3 pages in this catalog contain listing of whatever for Dutchman Mine AZ.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe treasure and maps leading to it exist. Obviously, finding either, is the hard part.
Even the occasional great treasure is still found. Terry Herbert's Saxon Hoard for example.
Ya just never know what treasure lays ahead...
Most are found right in front of you.
Good luck!
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread