CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you've finally received permission to metal detect property not belonging to you, Respect.
If it be state, county, city, etc., Respect.
State, county and cities, may require permits at minimum, Respect.
Most importantly, when granted permission on a home site, give much more respect. Treat the permission as a great find and be thankful. Also respect.
Show every find to homeowner. The most insignificant find to you might have family/provenance/sentimental, etc. value to them.
Even when shown, most are pleased you've shown interest. A return invite may a bonus.
NEVER show your junk finds and conceal the "keepers"!
All said, just do what's right.
Peace ✌

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good advice but wear's the courage part to ask...

liftloop

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
new yaers resolution: to man-up and start asking for permission much more readily, and not just resort to telling myself " I;d sure love to be able to detect
on that property" as I drive by it again and again.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man up, chest out! All they can say is no, or shoot you w rock salt in the butt. ;)
Seriously, I too get the "willies" when asking permission.
GL to us.
Peace ✌

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Make yourself a fake government i.d. card. Knock on their door and tell them the DHS has determined that their property may contain unexploded military ordnance, and you are there to find and remove it.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea Boatload.
When digging, light an occasional firecracker. This will give evidence to the "unexploded military ordinance". No sense filling in plugs either. Tell property owner the government will soon repair their lawn. ;)
Peace ✌

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Make yourself a fake government i.d. card. Knock on their door and tell them the DHS has determined that their property may contain unexploded military ordnance, and you are there to find and remove it.

i did this one or twice on occasion.little old lady(89) came nosing around asking what i was doing i whispered to her "i'm looking for bombs" it was everything for me to keep from laughing.after a minute of silence she says to me what are you really looking for ? i said "worms" she kinda snarled at me and i said see you're catching on.this is hilarious to do to the kids when they come up and ask what are ya looking for "i say worms" this bores them.well most of them anyway and they loose interest and go away................WHICH MAKES ME HAPPY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread