ACduCE

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Mallorca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This really got me thinking. Have never had an altercation with another hunter but....how do I feel about it? Is every other hunter a competitor for existing treasure? Should I get a warm fuzzy feeling of love and peace when I see another hunter flipping the spot I wanted to hunt? What do I think about the ones who are selling every little bit of gold and silver jewelry for scrap like they are faced with the prospect of immediate starvation? What do I think about the ones who "am going on vacation and am taking my $2,500 MD to help pay for the trip"? How do I feel about the beachchair hunters who are hoping for enough coins to get cigarettes and their daily fix while they are waiting for their girlfriends to turn enough tricks to pay the rent? What do I think about the ones digging mass graves in the East for relics to sell? What gets me out there everyday digging enough holes to plant a 40 acre field?
Like I said, this thread really got me thinking. What I do know is that every piece of jewelry I have is beautiful, each in its own way (I do have a couple of pieces that are bone ugly but..) and each piece was special to someone and made them feel like a beautiful person and that each piece I have (I got lots) is one piece that's not melted into a bar sitting in a vault somewhere (or not) being used to manipulate our lives. If Is my life better for having the treasure I have found to look at and touch and polish and appreciate and think about the feeling I had when I saw that round glitter in the scoop? Got to think about it.

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had any direct altercations with another on the beach or inland. But, oddly enough I own an 1880 farm house that I have been restoring while living in another. I pounded the gravel driveway hard with my detector numerous times, (looking for those nails) sometimes finding a wheatie or a clad or two. One area in particular I detected every time. I went back to the house this past spring. In this one area I mention I pulled about 30 cents in all clad pennies in various degrees of decay. All were barely below the surface. I would like to thank the nasty bugga who did this for me. It is always good to work on your skills. So if it was you. Thanks and if I ever catch you doing it, the original well is in the basement. Would gladly give you a personal tour.

C99

Oct 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mate. Yesterday I walk to the shops.Some geezer almost reverses into me in the car park.My fault.Head was in the clouds.He stops the car and rushes at me like he wants to beat me to death. I am not well enough to fight so I had no choice but to finish it.I had to sit by him and help him breath for a few minutes before I continued my journey.He will have a husky voice for some time. Point is,wankers are everywhere.They are wrong in the head. Just mission on to avoid the bullshit.Focus on peace and positivity and stay away from them lest you are forced to react to their knuckle dragging idiocy. It is not worth five minutes of your time.Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread