DFX Trouble need help

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
electrical interference is always a possibility (mine did that when I put the 1400 DD coil on it, and turned it on inside the house.

Here is the advice I give to EVERY DFX owner -
1. go check out www.dfxonly.com (it is a huge site and just about every question you could ask about that machine has been, or will be answered)
2. Get jeff foster's book, Digging Deeper with the DFX

those two references are invaluable

steve

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Jeez and I thought all the snow birds were leaving!! Seriously-get the Jeff Foster book and check for electrical interference. I have a cell tower about 1/2 mile away and if I try to boost the sens in my yard it will get erratic

OP
OP
B

Brush4

Greenie
Feb 24, 2007
Thanks for the info I called white's factory today they told me to unplug my battery with the machine running to reboot it I hope it works..I did find a 1906 V nickle before it went nuts!!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
If the rebooting does not work. Check all connections make sure nothing is loose. Change different locations to see if it is emi or not. Also if possible change coils, there is a chance you have a coil that has gone bad! If none of these work, hopefully the rebooting did the trick, it might be the same problem I had in January when Whites needed to recalibrate the 3k and 15k. Mine is much more stable now and it was a very quick fix!

OP
OP
B

Brush4

Greenie
Feb 24, 2007
The reboot is working so far but I think I'll have it serviced anyway.I want it in ship shape for my first beach hunt.. we are leaving for panama beach in a couple weeks and I cant wait!! Thanks for the help.

Brush4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread