txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine uses one and loves it. I don't know about them other wise but I am sure a couple or use them or have used them will jump in.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
A friend of mine uses one and loves it. I don't know about them other wise but I am sure a couple or use them or have used them will jump in.

I'm jumping! I'm jumping!
The Bandido II is an excellent machine. It has TRUE no-motion pinpointing by setting the Mode Switch to "All Metal" and the Tune Select Switch to "Normal". Although, most of the time I don't use that technique because pinpointing in either DISC or ALL MET takes only the slightest of movements. When you use Normal tune, hit "Retune" periodically to return to the threshold point. The key to this detector is to be sure the Manual Ground Balance is set correctly. The Sensitivity Control does not have a Turbo area ( above 10 ), so in order to Super Tune the BD II you have to turn the Threshold adjustment ALL THE WAY UP ( full clockwise ) after you've ground balanced, set your desired Discriminate level, and turn the Sensitivity to 10. I found that technique at the Tesoro website in the FAQs.
As an added bonus, you can use a uMax 5.75" coil on it for trashy areas. I recently bought a new DeLeon and found out that that coil will work on it AND the BD II. I bought the uMax 575 coil and the fiber lower rod so that now I can switch it between my 2 MDs quickly--no muss; no fuss.
I plan to keep my Bandido II as my back-up and as a loaner for my son's use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread