1870 school for black children site

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we hit this site after gaining permission from the local historical society and we're chomping at the bit, drooling over all the possible finds and poof come up near empty. Ok so its right after the civil war, yes its a school for black children but they couldn't have been that dang poor to not drop a flipping thing. And what do I find but a model T ford valve stem cover, not skunked but close.

Attachments

• WP_20141011_011.jpg
    WP_20141011_011.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope has never been touched since its on the national historical society list and the caretaker of the place lives across the street and went to school there at one time, place was closed down in the 60's and there's been nobody there. As far as African American children well if they can say black and its used all the time then I'm going to say black, I'm called white so I can say black...don't care if Al Sharpton likes it or not.

S

stefen

The term 'black' is not ment to be derrogatory or racist, its only referenced as a commonly used language.

Being politically correct is like picking up a turd by the clean end...

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respect id what I choose to live by and those who choose political correctness only live a lie because what they show as PC in the light is not the truth they hide in the dark. The gentleman who allowed us to detect this property is black and is one of the nicest men I've met and hold him in high regards. His knowledge of the property helped us and due to the respect we gave him he has given us permission to hunt a church that's nearby also on the historical registry dating back to mid 1800's. Now only if the cold will hold off

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they didn't have anything to lose

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger - I have hit many old school house sites, I found a map from 1880 of my county - I asked the land owner for permission on one school house and he told me No One had ever metal detected the site before. Just like you, I came up empty. Just some junk, I have also hit other school houses that have paid off. My thought's are this - Just like today, there where rich, middle and poor. Non-producers would most likely be the poor school houses.

Side note - 1800's pants most likely did not have pockets, tough to lose things when you had nowhere to carry them on your person???

Kid - Please......

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respect id what I choose to live by and those who choose political correctness only live a lie because what they show as PC in the light is not the truth they hide in the dark. The gentleman who allowed us to detect this property is black and is one of the nicest men I've met and hold him in high regards. His knowledge of the property helped us and due to the respect we gave him he has given us permission to hunt a church that's nearby also on the historical registry dating back to mid 1800's. Now only if the cold will hold off

Good luck on the Church - Now that one should give you some lost goodies!!! I've never been skunked at a Church!!! Keep us posted.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow...
I'd thought it to be a screwdriver handle myself...:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread