Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post John Winter.
I have one myself. Bought it in a box of tokens containing 10 UK tokens for $10.
My example has KG3 on obverse dated 1701. Yet he wasn't born till 1738.
Coiners, another word for counterfeiters, incorporated deliberate mistakes so they could argue their pieces were innocent.
Coining carried the death penalty up to 1832. For some reason male coiner's were hanged, but ladies convicted of coining were burned at the stake?
My example does have a shield on reverse, but surrounding legend is devoid of meaning.
One example sold for $300 on EBay a few years ago. Presumably to a new collector that had not done his/her research.
Still, with little value, an interesting piece.
Peace ✌

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one in southern Saskatchewan Canada John, a couple of years back. It had some reference to a Victorian dwarf show I believe, anyway, it was truly an odd duck for around those parts.

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one in southern Saskatchewan Canada John, a couple of years back. It had some reference to a Victorian dwarf show I believe, anyway, it was truly an odd duck for around those parts.
General Mite?
Thanks for the comment ...

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Mite?
Thanks for the comment ...

Yes, General Mite...... I just saw one of your other posts and I had no idea that the Hudson Bay Company stamped some of these tokens. Thanks for the info, that is quite fascinating news to me. I'd soil my skivvies if I dug one of those !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread