jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im ready for a new pinpointer,and am looking at the THE NEW MAKRO WATERPROOF PINPOINTER VIDEOS

I've seen plenty of reviews,but now that its been out a bit, and if you own one, What are your personal thoughts on this pointer?
and is there any dealer that is a member on the forums offering any deals on it?
Thanks ...

Link Edited because yours was not a Supporting Vendor . Sorry !

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy Garrret pro pointer anything else is a step below them in my opinoin.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe there is a video of a new Garrett waterproof pin pointer out too.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Overkill I've had mine for about two months now. It's built solid and does not feel like a pc of junk that I'm afraid the point or housing is going to break. Good detection range that is adjustable and the two sleeves that come with it will aid in tip protection. The button are easy to get too with a gloved hand and once you figure out what they do as far as light, range adjustment on/off your ready to go. Others I've had would false like crazy...not seen it in this one. If it goes off it's due to metal. Have had several pointers over the years and yes the pro pointer is a good unit. After getting this one I have no regrets what so ever.

Just what I've seen in mine and hope it helps. HH

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One other thing...the pouch that comes with it has a metal clip for the belt. Would have went with a belt loop if I were them.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have them and I love mine!!!! It's become my go-to pinpointer. Waterproof, great performance in hot and neutral soils.... My customers love them too.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to purchase one and give it a try!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only negative I have seen is that they can false if you put pressure on them. Watched a video of a guy making his false that way.

Last edited:

MikeG

Nov 30, 2014
Up North
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Euro Ace 350, Makro Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one. I only got out once with it before the ground froze solid but it performed flawlessly. Actually, the field was really muddy and wet and by the end of the day I could hardly tell it was a pinpointer anymore because of all the mud covering it. When I got home I ran it under some warm water and scrubbed it with an old tooth brush and it still looks and works as good as new. I think it will last though many years of heavy use.

OP
OP
OverKill

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all who replied.
I held out a long time,and the Garrett ProPointer AT came out,and I ended up getting it.. I'm loving it.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only negative I have seen is that they can false if you put pressure on them. Watched a video of a guy making his false that way.

My Garret would always false when pushed after a time, possibly this goes to show that any device can only handle so much abuse ? I won't ever buy another G PP now even tho the Makro isn't perfect they get the job done better for me than the others now.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hearing challenged, so is the Makro any louder than the Garrett pro-pointer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread