Dublin, Ga
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
This next weekend there is the Dayton Hunt you might want to join that it will be fun for everyone.

http://www.gsbs.adephoto.com/

If you are more to real metal detecting what about the 1715 beaches Vero up to Saint Augustine. Just google it and you will find the right beach.

Or what about the Jupiter inlet where seahunter is diving for treasure see http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,43534.0.html

Should be treasure coins on the beach there also.

I am leaving for Florida also this up coming weekend 26-29 trying my luck around Miami.

Good luck !

OP
OP
Dinker

Dinker

Apr 19, 2007
Dublin, Ga
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
We drove all the way to Vero Friday night. Got here about midnight. I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Got up saturday morning and opened the door. RAIN! Oh well, we ate at a great Deli and my wife got her nails done. We did get out on the beach about 5:30. I think I should have stopped further up the coast. I am going to go to the Fisher and McLarty Museums today and maybe stop and detect as we ride home. We did find a lot of what looked like garbage on the beach and that surprised me. I saw old syringes, personal products, bottles, and wrappers that looked like they were from a different country. Do ships dump their garbage at sea? I thought they were supposed to bring it to port and dispose of it as APHIS waste. I'll post about the trip home later.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, commercial vessels are allowed to dispose of solid wast a predetermined distance from shore like 50 or 100 miles out, and treated sewage at like only three miles out. It is discusting.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
ya, we can dump our garbage but we can't drill for oil

OP
OP
Dinker

Dinker

Apr 19, 2007
Dublin, Ga
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
What an adventure! We drove to Vero, sat in the hotel while it rained, got about 1 hour on the beach walked trhough piles of trash on the beach :-[ and left Sunday for the trip back to Georgia. Weather was sunny and warm. We stopped at the Fisher and McLarty Museums and enjoyed both. It was disappointing at the number of "reporductions and Containing some of this or that treasure" that was for sale. It did provide a good base for information. The staff at both were EXTREMELY nice and willing to share information. We left for the trip home. Then the adventure began. After having car trouble in Titusville and having to find a hotel, wait for a shop to open Monday, renting a car to get around, spending $1,000 for car repairs, the kids missing school Monday, me having to do business on a cell phone and trying to find hit and miss internet service to use e-mail, we got home around Midnight. Funny thing is I am ready to go back! I guess I must be hooked! My wife took it in stride and even told me to look for a treasure hunting book in Books-a-Million in Daytona.

Thank you for the responses and help on my first Metal Detecting trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread