January 1st in NH and Im Still Metal Detecting, Im Amazed!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
January 1st in NH and I'm Still Metal Detecting, I'm Amazed!

I have been detecting heavily for the past two weeks because I know the season is finishing, yesterday the plowed fields froze solid but the woods are still soft, I'm guessing that the leaves insulate the ground. It was a high of 22 yesterday and today it is 26, on Sunday it is going to be 50 so it is a good day to metal detect. I was metal detecting for over 3 hours today, and I noticed that the lakes have 3 inches of ice, but the ground is still soft. Anyways, I was not expecting to be able to metal detect this late on in the season in my wildest dreams, especially in New Hampshire. Anyways, Happy Hunting!

Coinman123,

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Coinman 123; Sorry but Sunday is going to bit snowing and raining with high winds as well. Kills me to. I'm in Boston. Happy New Year. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Coinman 123; Sorry but Sunday is going to bit snowing and raining with high winds as well. Kills me to. I'm in Boston. Happy New Year. PEACE:RONB

Strange, I just checked the weather and saw this, I would expect that it would be the opposite, snow up north where I am, and rain down south in Boston.

weathererrefref.jpg

Weather may be wrong though, it said 55 yesterday so they have been lowering it.

I checked Boston and it said 53 and AM rain

Very cold next week though.

thursday.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Coinman123 and Barker,

I hope to detect on Sunday in the south coast region of MA. The cold temperature doesn’t bother me, but the ground is frozen to a depth of 2 inches!

Regards,

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last winter was terrible here. In early January ground was impenetrable.
This year is to be as cold, yet much less snow, I hope.
The local weather forecasts are continually incorrect past a 72hr period. I now trust daily radar.
Has anyone trusted the Farmers Almanac for winter detection? I'm starting to be a believer.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread