Hi Folks; I want a Digging knife made. Where to go ???

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to have a knife made for me. I want it to have saw teeth on BOTH edges with a regular blade for about 3" at the point. I want it HEAVY DUTY. No BS around anymore. I've gone through to many knives now. I want a Godzilla type knife that will cut through roots and dirt like butter and I can pry with it as well. No more playing around.
Who here knows where I can get one or have it made ?? I don't care where or who it comes from ok. Just give me a decent price ok. I await your replies ok.
Thanks. PEACE:RONB :dontknow:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a drywall saw for roots, though I got pretty strange looks when people saw a guy with a shovel and a big serrated knife.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

goldenoldie

Dec 16, 2014
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE ,,,,,,,
Minelab sovereign xs2,,,,,12x10 SEF & 15 in WOT
Minelab Explorer 2. 12X8 Platypus
Evolution Scoop & spade ,Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
digger 001.jpg digger 002.jpg digger 003.jpg digger 004.jpg MACHETTE-2.jpg
Hi this is what I use hear in the UK,the digger cost £14 and is hand made from stainless steel ,from EBAY. and the sheath is ex MOD surplus COST £4 .:thumbsup:

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a "root cutter" near trees of any age.
5 yrs ago, the county installed new underground waterlines in my neighborhood. This killed a beautiful apple �� tree in my front yard.
I now take the extra time to dig around tree roots when obtaining targets. Please do the same.
Peace ✌

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a "root cutter" near trees of any age.
5 yrs ago, the county installed new underground waterlines in my neighborhood. This killed a beautiful apple �� tree in my front yard.
I now take the extra time to dig around tree roots when obtaining targets. Please do the same.
Peace ✌

I know how that feels, the power company rips branches off of our big maple in out front yard, we even hired professionals to help the stability of our tree. I only used the dry wall cutter to cut tiny roots less than 1/4" which would probably not kill the tree if removed, any root bigger would probably take one hundred years to cut. I stopped using the dry wall cutter because it did not help me find items any faster than it would take to dig around a root.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys; I understand your points but I'm digging out in the deep woods.
To Terry and goldenoldies; Thanks. Goldenoldies; Where do I get that knife and sheath ??? You hit it on the button. That's what I want. I've snapped, bent and lost more of the suckers than I care to mention. I'm sick of it and I'm out for BLOOD.!!! No hostages taken. I had one like that and it got stolen dang it. Anyways, I open to more feed back. Does Anyone here actually make them themselves. I'm open. I await your replies. PEACE:RONB

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry; Close but not it ok. Thanks. I saw the one shovel with both sides saw teethed but the handle is not long enough. I "NEED" the handle to come up to my waist due to a bad back ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

goldenoldie

Dec 16, 2014
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE ,,,,,,,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spade.JPG $T2eC16JHJIQE9qUHrVh-BRkk4zR2JQ~~60_57.JPG $T2eC16NHJGQFFh)!MIUWBRkk4405eQ~~60_57.JPG
hear is the other one I use, same again all stainless steel ,
The bloke that makes these over hear will make them to any required length handle ,or even a D shape handle .
They are built very strong. Look up evolution spade on UK ebay, he also makes sand scoops ,

goldenoldie

Dec 16, 2014
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE ,,,,,,,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Guys; Thanks; I will go there ASAP ok. I also want a trowel sized one as well. Like I said. I want BLOOD in regards to this matter ok. I will get that shovel now. It is exactly what I'm hunting for.
Any ideas on a knife like that ?? Thanks guys.
PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to www.finderskeepers.buzz and see products that have been designed to do the job, that have been put up side to side with the others on the market and surpasses. They are over engineered to provide a decent tool. The Sampson and others all have teeth patterns that are the same levels, size and in the dame line well that's equivalent to a flipping butter knife...look at s chainsaw's tooth pattern..staggered teeth etc and we know the job it does. The tools at finders keepers.buzz are designed like a chainsaw.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shovel is good but just make sure you stamp the word "tool" on the "digging knife" ....we do live in Mass, Ron.

txhawkeye2534

Jan 30, 2015
Harker Heights Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -White's MXT
White's DFX300 - White's Spectra 3i
White's Coin Master-Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harbor Freight has a great bowie like knife that cuts roots and will go through rocky dirt easy. I think it cost only $7.00 I have had mine for 8 years and it still works great.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the new tooth pattern on the badger paw. Professionally made tools out if stainless steel. Go to www.finderskeepers.buzz and check out the diggers, shovels, scoops and retro fit handles for detectors

Attachments

• V__507A.jpg
    V__507A.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 93

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I meant to provide a better picture so here's a customer's digger.

Attachments

• PicsArt_2_26_2015 12_18_21 AM.jpg
    PicsArt_2_26_2015 12_18_21 AM.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 78

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I want to have a knife made for me. I want it to have saw teeth on BOTH edges with a regular blade for about 3" at the point. I want it HEAVY DUTY. No BS around anymore. I've gone through to many knives now. I want a Godzilla type knife that will cut through roots and dirt like butter and I can pry with it as well. No more playing around.
Who here knows where I can get one or have it made ?? I don't care where or who it comes from ok. Just give me a decent price ok. I await your replies ok.
Thanks. PEACE:RONB :dontknow:

I started making my own digging tools many years ago because every tool I bought seem to fail, no matter the price.
Many people go by the price.. they think spending the lowest price for a tool is just great.. even if they find out in a short time that it needs to be replacing. Yes, companies can make "life-time" tools... but, would you pay 3 or 4 times the price for a Lesche type digging tool? Not many people would, that's the reason you don't see them in stores.

I don't have the time or equipment to make custom tools for sale.. but, if you're looking for custom made.. they don't come cheap!!

This past summer I starting making a digging tool to be used in metal detecting, gem digging, gold prospecting. and as a ginseng digger. I really didn't want much, I wanted a tool that wouldn't bend, that wouldn't rust, that the handle wouldn't break off, one that wouldn't dull easy in any type soil, and light weight, and a durable grip that wouldn't hurt my soft hands:laughing7:.. notice I didn't say "low price". I also wanted a sheath to carry it in.. it needed to be very durable under heavy use and any weather, light weight, and allow dirt to fall out and not clog-up, to keep the tool secure but easy to remove, and fit any belt I used.. yeah, I didn't want much!:laughing7:

The digger is made from Grade 5(6-4) Titanium, 1/8". The sheath is made from UHMW and stainless steel...
and it will dig ginseng!

Titanium Digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread