Flu Shots.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you annually get a preventive Flu Shot?
A coworker I've known for nearly 20yrs has missed an entire week of work due to Flu illness. He's rarely missed work for any reason, never for illness.
I don't get Flu shots.
Do overall numbers suggest Flu Shots are an annual benefit?
Thanks
Peace ✌

It depends upon if you are elderly, and if you wish to die. Elderly Americans die by the thousands every year due to influenza--- most of whom would not have died if they had received the most-likely inoculation derived by the Centers for Disease Control. The CDC estimates which flu strains will most likely kill Americans, and they plan accordingly.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, I am aware of that already. I was referring to 'today's' flu shots. I just do not trust vaccination period.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I heard on a radio news program that the current flu shot is only affective for 20% (or less) of the flu season threat. Wonderful...:dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard on a radio news program that the current flu shot is only affective for 20% (or less) of the flu season threat. Wonderful...:dontknow:

Mine must been part of 20%, been exposed to flu through family and I am still good.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

J hoss

Nov 1, 2014
Western Ky
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't like the thought of willingly putting a virus (whether it's live, dead, real or synthetic) in my body! I Did enough stupid stuff when I was younger:headbang: Jmho

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this thread is so perplexing. amazing the excuses people can come up with out of sheer ignorance of the situation. the government is not trying to poison you. doctors recommend and get the flu shot for petes sake! youre likely going to be exposed to the flu multiple times a year any way. why is exposing yourself to a doctor and cdc recommended weakened or dead virus such a problem? why wouldnt you protect yourself and others from something that could possibly kill you??? why go to the dr at all if you dont trust them?? if it was ebola, which youre probably a million times less likely to be exposed to, people would be beating down the doors at the dr office for their shot. people abuse their bodies in so many different ways all the way down to the food they put in their mouths, yet when it comes to the flu shot, all the sudden theyre smarter than their doctor and so wary of what goes into their body. ignorance is the reason kids are getting measles at disneyland now. what a backward world we live in. its like trying to explain to someone who is scared of sharks or airplanes how unfounded their fear is, yet they have zero fear of getting in their car every single day which they are thousands of times more likely to die in. does the flu shot carry risk? of course their is a slight risk for a few people. their is at least some risk in every action you take from the time you get out of bed every morning. its completely about risk vs. benefit. the benefit of getting the flu shot far outweighs the risk not only for you, but for your family members and others.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My Wife works as a CNA(30 years now,sure wish She could retire)having to wear a mask BECAUSE She refused the flu shot,strange they are in lockdown now,most of the other workers and ALL of the residents received it..now they all have the flu!

She doesn't.

GOD Bless

Chris

As of 01/18/15......8 of the residents have DIED after receiving the"shot".

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this thread is so perplexing. amazing the excuses people can come up with out of sheer ignorance of the situation. the government is not trying to poison you. doctors recommend and get the flu shot for petes sake! youre likely going to be exposed to the flu multiple times a year any way. why is exposing yourself to a doctor and cdc recommended weakened or dead virus such a problem? why wouldnt you protect yourself and others from something that could possibly kill you??? why go to the dr at all if you dont trust them?? if it was ebola, which youre probably a million times less likely to be exposed to, people would be beating down the doors at the dr office for their shot. people abuse their bodies in so many different ways all the way down to the food they put in their mouths, yet when it comes to the flu shot, all the sudden theyre smarter than their doctor and so wary of what goes into their body. ignorance is the reason kids are getting measles at disneyland now. what a backward world we live in. its like trying to explain to someone who is scared of sharks or airplanes how unfounded their fear is, yet they have zero fear of getting in their car every single day which they are thousands of times more likely to die in. does the flu shot carry risk? of course their is a slight risk for a few people. their is at least some risk in every action you take from the time you get out of bed every morning. its completely about risk vs. benefit. the benefit of getting the flu shot far outweighs the risk not only for you, but for your family members and others.

Let me guess.......You work for the medical system right? Calling us ig-norant? :dontknow:
Well, I NEVER get sick and I'm in my early 40's. Are you saying the elderly should get the shot because the flu can kill them, or are you suggesting young people get a shot too even if they never get sick?
The big dozy that's been knocking people out for two weeks this winter, was NOT prevented by the shots everyone got. This year's flu shots did jack sh*t!
Kids getting measles at Disneyland? Oh no, I got the measles and chicken pox when I was a kid and when my body built up immunity like it's supposed to, I will never suffer from that again!
Funny thing how the body works as nature takes it's course. The unfortunate part nowadays, is that too many take crap like flu shots, antibiotics, (doctors prescribe that for everything) allergy pills....you name it!
Everything I was told I was allergic to as a kid, I dove into (mud, mold, willows, poison ivy, dust) and my body eventually built immunity and now I'm not allergic to these things. Never took an allergy pill once.
Don't trust doctors? If I showed my doctor that a certain plant extract (essential oils) cured something faster than what big pharma puts on the market, he'd throw me out of his office!
One time I had chest pains and two different doctors prescribed Prozac without even looking deeper. I got an x-ray and it showed my spine out of whack, causing two ribs to pull on my chest. It was easily cured by proper stretches and exercises. I remember both doctors saying "Well, chest pains are a sign of anxiety." Just like that, I got two prescriptions for Prozac in a matter of minutes.
You damn right I don't trust doctors! :BangHead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me guess.......You work for the medical system right? Calling us ig-norant? :dontknow:
Well, I NEVER get sick and I'm in my early 40's. Are you saying the elderly should get the shot because the flu can kill them, or are you suggesting young people get a shot too even if they never get sick?
The big dozy that's been knocking people out for two weeks this winter, was NOT prevented by the shots everyone got. This year's flu shots did jack sh*t!
Kids getting measles at Disneyland? Oh no, I got the measles and chicken pox when I was a kid and when my body built up immunity like it's supposed to, I will never suffer from that again!
Funny thing how the body works as nature takes it's course. The unfortunate part nowadays, is that too many take crap like flu shots, antibiotics, (doctors prescribe that for everything) allergy pills....you name it!
Everything I was told I was allergic to as a kid, I dove into (mud, mold, willows, poison ivy, dust) and my body eventually built immunity and now I'm not allergic to these things. Never took an allergy pill once.
Don't trust doctors? If I showed my doctor that a certain plant extract (essential oils) cured something faster than what big pharma puts on the market, he'd throw me out of his office!
One time I had chest pains and two different doctors prescribed Prozac without even looking deeper. I got an x-ray and it showed my spine out of whack, causing two ribs to pull on my chest. It was easily cured by proper stretches and exercises. I remember both doctors saying "Well, chest pains are a sign of anxiety." Just like that, I got two prescriptions for Prozac in a matter of minutes.
You damn right I don't trust doctors! :BangHead:

For the most part they are good mechanics fixing broken stuff.....as far as symptoms go their solution is...here take a pill.I see pharmaceuticals on tv with their side affects,as far as I see it,that's going to your grave on the installment plan,if it doesn't kill you first.

I've got more sense than an...

6e4623570856057ff4415ab2d5e27c99.jpg

when it comes to that stuff.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No healthy person should need a flu shot, I thought it was for people with under lying problems that the flu would trigger, like asthma, or other chest problems. I can understand the elderly getting one, but not a fit person.

SS

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You damn right I don't trust doctors! :BangHead:[/

1- hopefully you understand that ignorance simply means uninformed. I'm not calling anyone names.

2- with your experiences and perceptions why would you ever go to a doctor at all?

3-I'm not saying every bit of medical advice is gospel and every available medication Is a cure all. However, the flu shot has been shown to be very safe for most people and the benefit far outweighs the risk. Obviously it's not 100% as most things aren't. Heck, peanut butter kills some people.

4-getting the flu may not kill YOU or even make you that sick. It may kill the person you pass it along to or the next one tho who could be a child or family member.

5-I just find it so perplexing the reasons people use that are so adamantly against it. Yet they think nothing of stuffing their bodies with fat, calories, alcohol, cigarettes, etc that is obviously so much more dangerous.

6-if no one got the flu shot, people would actually see how deadly it could be and they would be scared to death.

7-yes everyone should get a flu shot that is not at a specific risk for getting it. Young & old. Obviously everyone has the right not to get one and I'm not trying to say anyone is a bad person if they don't. Just uninformed...IN MY OPINION.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No healthy person should need a flu shot, I thought it was for people with under lying problems that the flu would trigger, like asthma, or other chest problems. I can understand the elderly getting one, but not a fit person.

SS

This is incorrect. Otherwise healthy people young and old, especially young and old die from the flu every year.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is incorrect. Otherwise healthy people young and old, especially young and old die from the flu every year.
And how many healthy people contract the flu and don't. You will always have cases that go the wrong way.

SS

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And how many healthy people contract the flu and don't. You will always have cases that go the wrong way.

SS

This is true you likely won't die from it. But you help keep it viable by passing it on to others who may die. And it very well could be you.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is true you likely won't die from it. But you help keep it viable by passing it on to others who may die. And it very well could be you.
It's like any other air transmitted bug, you could pick it up anywhere, and unavoidable to pass it on if you have a family...that's life. But if you are fit and strong there is no reason why you shouldn't shake it off, I'm 58 and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I come down with a bad cold, sure I get the odd sniffle and the sneezing, I just shrug it off and get on with it.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread