Flu Shots.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Polio is still with us, if anything vaccines spread it. It's simply been rebranded into many new ailments.

Spinal meningitis for one.

Google Hiding Polio.

So sad people put their trust in "experts".

Last edited by a moderator:

Savehistory

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Polio rebranded as acute flaccid paralysis (AFP), Transverse Myelitis, Viral or aseptic meningitis, Guillaine Barre Syndrome (GBS), Chinese Paralytic syndrome, Chronic fatigue syndrome, epidemic cholera, cholera morbus & spinal meningitis

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sad people put their trust in "experts".

....and instead they trust what they can dig up on the Internet that supports what they've formulated in their minds. I found where unicorns exist. Just googled unicorns are real and there it was! Who knew?! Bonjour!

Savehistory

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the tv tell me what to do with my body. They always know what's best. Also the federal Government and let's not forget the pharmaceutical industry. It's not like they have a profit to make by pushing things like drugs, vaccines, 49 dollar hospital socks etc.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker "So sad people put their trust in "experts". yea lets put our trust in a average joe who makes up assumptions instead of groups of professionals who have spent their his lives collecting data, and facts and base their conclusions on proven factual results and spent years studying medicine at the top of their class and at a highly reguarded medical schools, let's listen to some unknown persons with no credientuals or facts ,who prey on people by spreading fear , doubt and misinformation. In the end you got to trust someone, to me it is a no brainer

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumbata, please keep political comments out of threads not in our political forum. Posts with political comments are deleted.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood Treasure_Hunter.

Measles is being spread because of all the illegal alien kids in school who are not vaccinated...

Among many other illnesses not endemic to the USA brought in by the illegal aliens you mentioned, with their healthcare costs being generously subsidized by the actual citizenry of the USA.

And regarding the supposed dangers of measles, In my "Historical Statistics of the United States Colonial Times to 1970" book set, it states that in 1960 (before the vaccine was developed), 245.4 per 100,000 contracted Measles. In that same year, the death rate was 0.2 per 100,000. That means that 55 years ago, in 1960, only 1 in 1,227 who got infected died. While the monetary costs of having a vaccine administered to 100,000 people versus the costs associated with treating 250 cases a year is a cost-benefit analysis best left to economists, I daresay that the realm of supportive healthcare and pharmaceutical treatments has improved a bit over the past 55 years, and the risk of death is small enough that unbridled fear and paranoia should not be a factor in this issue if people were rational beings.

Fear-mongers are going to hype the issue until they are blue in the face, but the bare statistical facts are the facts. I'd say that me getting stung ~50 times by yellow-jacket wasps a while back was far more "deadly" statistically speaking than Measles, but it's harder to scare individuals into conforming with the narrative with trumped-up reports of the existential threat posed by stinging insects, versus fear-inducing specters of diseases they don't understand.

....and instead they trust what they can dig up on the Internet that supports what they've formulated in their minds.

Confirmation bias works both ways, ya know. I try to be skeptical of everything, and while it is pretty taxing to approach life in such a manner, it helps to weed out biases we never knew we held, or at least orient the biases in a direction supported by more and better information.

worldtalker "So sad people put their trust in "experts". yea lets put our trust in a average joe who makes up assumptions instead of groups of professionals who have spent their his lives collecting data, and facts and base their conclusions on proven factual results and spent years studying medicine at the top of their class and at a highly reguarded medical schools, let's listen to some unknown persons with no credientuals or facts ,who prey on people by spreading fear , doubt and misinformation. In the end you got to trust someone, to me it is a no brainer

This is what we call the "Appeal to Authority" logical fallacy. It's a heckuvalot easier than questioning everything (which is why the majority fall for it), but is no different, logically speaking, from individuals in the 14th century referencing lifelong theological and classical scholars in support of the idea that the Sun revolves around the Earth. If everyone fell-in-line with mainstream and accepted wisdom, the freedom of thought necessary for the fertilization of new ideas would not have come about so easily. Misinformation is rampant from all directions, so one must be critical of all information one receives. The seductive appeal of finding support for one's pre-existing views should set-off alarms, not lull oneself into trusting complacency.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood Treasure_Hunter.

Among many other illnesses not endemic to the USA brought in by the illegal aliens you mentioned, with their healthcare costs being generously subsidized by the actual citizenry of the USA.

And regarding the supposed dangers of measles, In my "Historical Statistics of the United States Colonial Times to 1970" book set, it states that in 1960 (before the vaccine was developed), 245.4 per 100,000 contracted Measles. In that same year, the death rate was 0.2 per 100,000. That means that 55 years ago, in 1960, only 1 in 1,227 who got infected died. While the monetary costs of having a vaccine administered to 100,000 people versus the costs associated with treating 250 cases a year is a cost-benefit analysis best left to economists, I daresay that the realm of supportive healthcare and pharmaceutical treatments has improved a bit over the past 55 years, and the risk of death is small enough that unbridled fear and paranoia should not be a factor in this issue if people were rational beings.

Fear-mongers are going to hype the issue until they are blue in the face, but the bare statistical facts are the facts. I'd say that me getting stung ~50 times by yellow-jacket wasps a while back was far more "deadly" statistically speaking than Measles, but it's harder to scare individuals into conforming with the narrative with trumped-up reports of the existential threat posed by stinging insects, versus fear-inducing specters of diseases they don't understand.

Confirmation bias works both ways, ya know. I try to be skeptical of everything, and while it is pretty taxing to approach life in such a manner, it helps to weed out biases we never knew we held, or at least orient the biases in a direction supported by more and better information.

This is what we call the "Appeal to Authority" logical fallacy. It's a heckuvalot easier than questioning everything (which is why the majority fall for it), but is no different, logically speaking, from individuals in the 14th century referencing lifelong theological and classical scholars in support of the idea that the Sun revolves around the Earth. If everyone fell-in-line with mainstream and accepted wisdom, the freedom of thought necessary for the fertilization of new ideas would not have come about so easily. Misinformation is rampant from all directions, so one must be critical of all information one receives. The seductive appeal of finding support for one's pre-existing views should set-off alarms, not lull oneself into trusting complacency.

Easy to say till its your child, sister or brother who dies...

Complications

Measles can be a serious in all age groups. However, children younger than 5 years of age and adults older than 20 years of age are more likely to suffer from measles complications.
Common Complications

Common measles complications include ear infections and diarrhea.

Ear infections occur in about one out of every 10 children with measles and can result in permanent hearing loss.
Diarrhea is reported in less than one out of 10 people with measles.

Severe Complications

Some people may suffer from severe complications, such as pneumonia (infection of the lungs) and encephalitis (swelling of the brain). They may need to be hospitalized and could die.

As many as one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.
About one child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or mentally ******ed.
For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it.

Measles may cause pregnant woman to give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.

The Measles chapter of the Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine Preventable Diseases (Pink Book) describes measles complications in more depth.
Long-term Complications

Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) is a very rare, but fatal disease of the central nervous system that results from a measles virus infection acquired earlier in life. SSPE generally develops 7 to 10 years after a person has measles, even though the person seems to have fully recovered from the illness. Since measles was eliminated in 2000, SSPE is rarely reported in the United States.

Among people who contracted measles during the resurgence in the United States in 1989 to 1991, 4 to 11 out of every 100,000 were estimated to be at risk for developing SSPE. The risk of developing SSPE may be higher for a person who gets measles before they are two years of age. For more information, see Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE): MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia.

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread