Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu shots are needed by all....I have never had one until this past year, as I almost died from the H1 flu and pnemonia this past Feb. 2014, and now have permanent damage to my lungs......get that shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Gary

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ever since I got a horrible case of pneumonia I swear by flu shots.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
never had one till about 3 weeks ago. Since it was free by my insurance.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
never had the flu and I am 57 never had a flu shot. too many scary stories from people getting the shot and flu shot might be the cause of some Alzheimer's. my wife started getting the shots at 60. Started having memory problem at 62 by 70 she is in the final stages of Alzheimer's. This is not the only time I have heard of people getting it from flu shots. not taking any chances. I also have never had chicken pox, mumps or measles.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting them for the past 3 years, but not for me. It's so I don't get the flu and give it to hubby who has health issues. I had double pneumonia at age 4, I thought I was going to die. My lungs now have scar tissue.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its a crap shoot as to whether they made the correct vaccine. Not sure if it varies by area but at least over here in northern california they gave out the wrong type of flu shot this year, and we are hitting "epidemic" levels. My wife and I don't like the flu shot, she however has to get it because she works at a hospital.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had one...Im afraid of the side effects.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get them from my job, free. Getting it gives me a HUGE discount on my next coming years health insurance premium.(Each year)
Really stupid of me to NOT get one!
I have never had any kind of side effects.
Been a very long time since I've had the flu, so, I guess I benefit in more than one way.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Three years ago, when I was in the hospital for shooting myself in the foot(quit laughing), they gave me one, my first. Arm and shoulder hurt for weeks. Hurt a lot more than my foot. Never, never again. Years ago when I taught school, I would sometimes get the flu. Got up and went to work anyway, fever, chills etc. Our motto: "Never waste a good sick day being sick". If you could get out of bed, you could work. Sick days were for shopping, playing golf...

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three years ago, when I was in the hospital for shooting myself in the foot(quit laughing), they gave me one, my first. Arm and shoulder hurt for weeks. Hurt a lot more than my foot. Never, never again. Years ago when I taught school, I would sometimes get the flu. Got up and went to work anyway, fever, chills etc. Our motto: "Never waste a good sick day being sick". If you could get out of bed, you could work. Sick days were for shopping, playing golf...
Austin, they stuck you wrong if it hurt ya that bad... some soreness can be expected, but not like that.
LOL
I too, always went to work when I felt bad.
Always wanted to save my "sick days" for fun days instead!! Makes more since!! :laughing7:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forced to receive the shot while I was in the military along with all the other "good" stuff. It's been 4 years, no shot, and no flu.........

Sluice Box

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just reading the ingridients in one of those scares the hell out of me to get one. I mean seriously the one article I read said they contain fameldahyde and mercury. How can that be good for you.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My Wife works as a CNA(30 years now,sure wish She could retire)having to wear a mask BECAUSE She refused the flu shot,strange they are in lockdown now,most of the other workers and ALL of the residents received it..now they all have the flu!

She doesn't.

GOD Bless

Chris

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In December, 2012, just before Christmas, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with both the flu and pneumonia. I really thought I might die. I was given the Tamiflu, and sent home. I'm on oxygen at night for COPD, so I didn't need to be in the hospital. I was a lot better in about 3 to 4 days!
A few months after I recovered, I was in the doctor's office for a check up. She asked me if I was going to take the flu shot this year. I told her that I would. Then she told me that I should take the pneumonia vaccine also. She said it was a once in a lifetime vaccine; but said that some thought it might need a booster later. I took both and this year I took my flu shot like a good little boy---uhhh, no like a grouchy ol' man. I about 3 or 4 days later I felt bad for most of a day. My daughter, a nurse for years, told me that almost every time she took a flu shot, she would have a day that she also felt bad. I guess it's worth it to 'probably' not get the flu.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all those who are considering the flu shot, it would be good for you to research it and find the truth and ignore the propaganda.
Even the CDC's data does not support it.
So why does the gov and AMA push it????? Same reason we have 0bama care……..that was supposed to help also…..trust you say????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since I got a horrible case of pneumonia I swear by flu shots.

I have been getting flu shots for over 15 years, just got a pneumonia shot good for 10 years.

Flu vaccines are made up of dead viruses of the most common flu's found in America for each year made up, they work for those viruses but not for a virus from a remote region of the world which is why sometimes you get the flu even though you had the shot.

Worst flu I ever had I got about 5 days after visiting a friend at an airport bar who had just returned from Chile who according to him was "coming down with something."

I was so sick when I went to Dr he asked me where I had been out of country at, I told him nowhere why? He told me the flu you have is not from America which is why it was so severe, I had no antibodies at all for it.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.
I hope everyone stays well.
I won't get a Flu Shot.
Peace ✌

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the flu as I write this that's why I haven't posted in a week!
I can't wait to play in the sunshine again:laughing7:
Haven't been sick since 2000.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread