Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember putting extra rounds in the stocks and grips of almost all guns I had over the years. Most got sold off with them in it.

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info.
A friend recently purchased a weapon that has a designed hiding/holding space in "Butt" of rifle.
Peace ✌

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, never realized that! I am going to have to look into that with a rifle that I received from a cousin's great grandmother, that destined for me to have it! I myself also try to get my hands on Side Caps from WWII. Soldiers would place coins behind their unit insignia patches! Thanks for the info!

Sluice Box

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this happen to me one time. I aquired an old demascuss shotgun at a yardsale. A few days later before adding it to my collection I decide to tear it down and clean it. After removing the buttplate I noticed a piece of paper rolled up and put inside the butt of the gun. Unrolling the paper led me to the original date of purchace which was November 12th 1901 and the county in which it was purchased and who bought the gun. Fast forward to three years later. Me and my wife and another couple stop into a local bar to have wings and a few beers. I go to the bar to order our drinks and my buddy yells my name accross the bar to tell me something. The bartender says heres my number I would like to talk to you tommorow if you could give me a few minutes of your time. I start thinking ok this is getting wierd. The next day I give him a call. Here to find out the yard sale I had bought the gun at was at his grandfathers house. The family had been arguing about the estate and some of them took it upon themselves to have a yardsale. Well aparently the shotgun I bought was important to this guy. He asks me if I would be willing to sell it back to him. Now I have a decent size gun collection and never part with my guns and any other time I probably would have told him tough luck. But having lost my granddad also and knowing what the guns he left me mean to me I told him sure I would sell him the gun back. I showed him the rolled up paper in that I had found in the buttstock and he pulls out his wallet and shows me his grandfathers old drivers licesense. Sure enough the name on the paper matched the licesnse. Hey gave me what I had into the gun and we parted ways. I was just glad he go his gun and memories back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

woodrat

Dec 26, 2014
louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer se. Whites trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story pong 12211 I love to return things that have sentimental value to someone good job

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this happen to me one time. I aquired an old demascuss shotgun at a yardsale. A few days later before adding it to my collection I decide to tear it down and clean it. After removing the buttplate I noticed a piece of paper rolled up and put inside the butt of the gun. Unrolling the paper led me to the original date of purchace which was November 12th 1901 and the county in which it was purchased and who bought the gun. Fast forward to three years later. Me and my wife and another couple stop into a local bar to have wings and a few beers. I go to the bar to order our drinks and my buddy yells my name accross the bar to tell me something. The bartender says heres my number I would like to talk to you tommorow if you could give me a few minutes of your time. I start thinking ok this is getting wierd. The next day I give him a call. Here to find out the yard sale I had bought the gun at was at his grandfathers house. The family had been arguing about the estate and some of them took it upon themselves to have a yardsale. Well aparently the shotgun I bought was important to this guy. He asks me if I would be willing to sell it back to him. Now I have a decent size gun collection and never part with my guns and any other time I probably would have told him tough luck. But having lost my granddad also and knowing what the guns he left me mean to me I told him sure I would sell him the gun back. I showed him the rolled up paper in that I had found in the buttstock and he pulls out his wallet and shows me his grandfathers old drivers licesense. Sure enough the name on the paper matched the licesnse. Hey gave me what I had into the gun and we parted ways. I was just glad he go his gun and memories back.

It feels as if this was just an honorable mention that feel into the hands of the right person as yourself! An awesome story that you shared with us. That's awesome that you were willing to give up that shotgun, because I know exactly how you feel once acquiring a firearm, you never sell, just hold onto, and stash away. I'm sure he was ecstatic! Props to you ALL the way!!!

Sluice Box

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello pong12211,

Great story, you never know.

You made him a very happy man! I am sure the “digging Gods” will be shining your way this year.

Happy Hunting

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember finding an old hunting license in the stock of an old 12 gauge my father bought when I was a kid!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread