Any coffee "connoisseurs" out there ? What kind ? And "how do you like it" ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually switched to black tea a while ago. Coffee started to really bother my stomach so it's black tea wit a little sugar now. Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast. But I used to drink Caribou coffee with a lil cream and sugar

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
+1 for Jamaican Blue Mountain
Whole bean, grind to expresso dust fine, run through drip pot with double filters and be ready to bounce off the walls after the second cup! 2nd highest caffeine content of all coffees as far as I know. Only drawback is the price so I don't splurge often.

Daily.....Colombian brewed black as the ace of spades

Did you know it takes 2 years from start to finish on a crop of beans?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Started drinking coffee at about 6 years old. Been drinking it ever since. I now down about 6 cups a day. I have tried just about every brand ever put out.

Now if I am out and can find a Dunkin Donuts, that is where I get my coffee to drink, but at home it is strictly FRENCH ROAST! I pick up the whole beans at BJ's and grind a pint at a time. I brew it in an old Mr Coffee thermal mug machine. The makers with the warmers in the base ruin coffee. I drink it with 1 sugar & Italian sweet cream.
Frankn five star.png
7-06  WOODCUTS 015-1.jpg

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my coffee how I like my women... old bitter and picked up at a gas station! :laughing7:

I brew Folders Columbian, but the best coffee I ever had was from Brazil.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my coffee like my women. On the counter LOL

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using the Sams Club house brand the last few years. Use to say "Members Mark" but lately its been "Daily Chef". I buy the whole bean and grind it as needed. I heard Costcos Kirkland brand was good also. Never tried but when the new store opens here this summer I'll give it a go.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy ARRC,

We all have different tastes, what tastes good to some may taste bad for others. I personally don't drink coffee, but my wife, and one of my sons do. I thought coffee was coffee, until my son started buying different kinds, and tried to explain all the different flavors carried by just one brand.??? On the popular brands he favors Maxwell House over the others, and on the more expensive brands both he, and my wife agree that Mulvadi 100% Kona is the best. I had bought him the Kona in Vegas after seeing he had some Blue Mountain in the fridge. I have read that the soil, and weather are what make the difference, and you can't find more virgin soil than Hawaiian in the coffee belt.

All that said, their everyday coffee is TAMU Brazos Valley Pecan. You can buy it online if you want to try it. The World Coffee Research is supported by the Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at Texas A&M University. Meaning TAMU knew a little bit of what they were doing when they came up with that blend.

Homar

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm cracking up at some of your cheeky comments.::tongue3:Kroger used to have an Italian roast coffee that was really well balanced but we can't find it anymore. We've been buying Dunkin Donuts beans at Costco and it's pretty good. My very favorite coffee is Tim Hortons but only Canadian Tim Hortons,the U.S. blend is different.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using the Sams Club house brand the last few years. Use to say "Members Mark" but lately its been "Daily Chef". I buy the whole bean and grind it as needed. I heard Costcos Kirkland brand was good also. Never tried but when the new store opens here this summer I'll give it a go.

I have been drinking Costco's Kirkland Colombian... 3 pound can.
Tis good coffee.
And the best part $10

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you guys have a "First Watch" near you... its a breakfast chain... man they have good coffee... they sell it by the pound at register for $6...
I want their "connection" man... best damn coffee.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Whatever I brew up over the campfire works for me. Right now I have a can of regular Folger's in my camp gear. I can't get Cain's, but that was the staple in Oklahoma. No sugar or cream and very hot. I noticed growing up that those in my family with a greater degree of Indian blood would use an awful lot of sugar in their coffee. Another curious custom I observed among some of the old folks in SE Oklahoma is they never drank coffee out of the cup. They would pour it into a saucer, blow on it, and sip it from the saucer. I don't know where that came from and haven't seen it since.

It's called "saucered and blowed," old timers used to do that in our family used to do that and my mother would have a fit, telling me it aint polite, and not to do it. I guess to cool it down so they could drink it. I started drinking coffee on mid watches in the Navy, when no other part of me was warm, at least it would warm up my stomach. Now days I prefer cowboy coffee, but don't get it often.
Kim2.jpg This is the kind of coffee I like.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I tend to take my coffee pretty seriously. Years ago after I tried grinding it myself, I was like this is way better. Then I took the plunge and got into roasting my own green coffee beans. Fresh ground is good, but you don't know what good coffee is until you roast it yourself. Plus the aroma that fills your home is just perfect.
A little known fact about coffee roasting I learned, most folks think that super burnt roast that's so popular is what really jump starts your morning. Actually its just the opposite, the lighter the roast of a bean, the more caffeine that remains in the bean. Hence darker roasts, less jolt.

That's also a good tip for folks that have to limit sugar intake, like diabetics. Love toast for breakfast but can't because of the sugar content in bread, well if you can tolerate really dark toast, you can enjoy it as the darker you toast bread ( atleast white bread ) the more of the sugar that burns out of it.

Anybody that loves coffee should try roasting it at home, you'll love it. Plus you can make your own blends, since most green coffee beans come unmixed. Ethiopian and Kenya beans are really great.
I get all my coffee beans from
Green Coffee List | Sweet Maria's Coffee
I have no affiliation with them, just it is the best company I've ever dealt with. You can learn everything you need to know there.
:coffee2:

BC

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did I happen to mention I also like my coffee with a little frothy milk sometimes? I also use a little honey in coffee instead of sugar. Meet my whip.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421191703.436086.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm cracking up at some of your cheeky comments.::tongue3:Kroger used to have an Italian roast coffee that was really well balanced but we can't find it anymore. We've been buying Dunkin Donuts beans at Costco and it's pretty good. My very favorite coffee is Tim Hortons but only Canadian Tim Hortons,the U.S. blend is different.
I forgot i always drink Tim Hortons when i am in Canada..

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I happen to mention I also like my coffee with a little frothy milk sometimes? I also use a little honey in coffee instead of sugar. Meet my whip.

View attachment 1105668

I have tried honey in coffee... just because I ran out of sugar...
twas good actually.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to grind and brew it fresh, but to tired to mess with it all, so it's DD out and Folgers at home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions