Garretts New Pro-Pointer AT video released from Garrett!!!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gonehunting.
I look forward to release date.
Also, it sure has taken a long time for Garrett to produce a waterproof Propointer. So many have recommended/desired one for years?
RV sealant be gone. ;)
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Gonehunting.
I look forward to release date.
Also, it sure has taken a long time for Garrett to produce a waterproof Propointer. So many have recommended/desired one for years?
RV sealant be gone. ;)
Peace ✌
Well I think with the recent issues with the Propointer and the huge demand for the waterproof... they finally got it done.. Should be after the 1st of February..

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that it did not do well in the relic hunting and the audio alert (proximity) was problematic. The full probe sensing might have been the reason for the problems where tip only might have been better in that environment. It might be a while before I make an order, I need to see a few more reports prior to clicking on the add to box icon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will purchase the new Garrett Propointer AT in a few weeks, their products have served me well in the past.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would have been nice to see them put some stress on the pinpointer to see if it falses. But I guess we will see soon enough when they are released to the public.

Last edited:

DUG-TV.com

Greenie
May 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say you want to see stress put on the pro-pointer to see if it falsest? Then check out my video review. I did just that for you and more. And make sure to give Evan some love and buy from him when they come out.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good video Jason! Lucky dog!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Good video Jason! Lucky dog!
Hi Jason,
I would like to replace the pro pointer that I bought in June 14 (for $135) for one of the new orange ones.
Many thanks,
El Padron

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second video looks like they may have climbed about half way up the TRX ladder and added waterproofing. Much better so far over the Pro Pointer.

DUG-TV.com

Greenie
May 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting a new pro-pointer

Hi Jason,
I would like to replace the pro pointer that I bought in June 14 (for $135) for one of the new orange ones.
Many thanks,
El Padron

Hey man. I am not sure if there is an exchange deal or not. Evan (Gonehunting), who started this thread, could probably help you out most in this area. Or if you are looking to purchase a new one, he can help there too.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks to be very nice, I am more of a on and off type person, simpler is better for me right now but I can see that there was a lot of thought went into this and many will love this. it is great that a company listens to the consumer and makes adjustments or as in this case, a new and improved model

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately I sincerely doubt that they will be doing any exchanges.. The propointer will still be for sale even after the AT is released..

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turned out to be full of bad info post deleted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn it thought I was first .. Just got my review posted this morning....
Skip ahead to 17:10 in this video to see the all new to be released in the spring of 2015 Garrett Pro-pointer AT

The first part of my video talks about maintaining your current pro-pointer, in the middle we look for gold inside your house with the pointer, as well as a quick 2 mins on how to tell a fake pro-pointer, and lastly the ALL NEW GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT

You might watch the video of the hunt.. I don't think it failed any beta test.. Lol

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I just did.... I have deleted my post.. please edit your post to not have a link of that video .. I am in the process of deleting that too LOL my bad thanks

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a water proof turd its the same pro pointer thats been falsing in my holes for the last 3 years ...only its water proof now ...pfft

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok we have been water proofing these for years. They listened but they added functions. Press one for this twice for this and so on. I just need to turn it on and locate the target. My metal detector has enough functions already. Pin pointer is for faster recovery. Keep it simple and water proof.
The best feature for me is water proof and and a lanyard ring.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a water proof turd its the same pro pointer thats been falsing in my holes for the last 3 years ...only its water proof now ...pfft

Looks like they fixed that problem or at least that's what i've been reading.

DUG-TV.com

Greenie
May 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok we have been water proofing these for years. They listened but they added functions. Press one for this twice for this and so on. I just need to turn it on and locate the target. My metal detector has enough functions already. Pin pointer is for faster recovery. Keep it simple and water proof.
The best feature for me is water proof and and a lanyard ring.

It actually is super simple. You push one button and turn it on. You don't have to change the configuration for anything. Set it how you want and leave it alone. The Detuning or tuning feature is simple as well. Tap the button to tune out the audio as you get closer to the target.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread